I'm new and my first diy install and what is the best and most powerful 6x9 thank you

BOOMINGRANDPA

CHEAP A/F
Jan 8, 2017
NC
r u running them off your cd player? or do u have amp? peeps here like polks some alpine, i like pioneer.. really depends on how much power u have and how much $ u wanta spend

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
the best and most powerful arent 6x9s. 6x9s are basically useless for the most part in a really good setup. Proper setups are completely different than what your understanding of audio systems are. There's a lot for you to learn in terms of system design.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
What vehicle? Would be nice to know more info rather than ask what's the best.

Also...I'd utilize that 6x9 opening for a inexpensive set of comp speakers. Around 200 bucks can be had for a decent set

OP
R

reddzeppelin

Jun 3, 2017
Texas
It's in a ram and i have a kicker 5 channel amp to push 4 6x9 and have two 12 subs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

reddzeppelin

Jun 3, 2017
Texas
Dd 12" and a kicker comp r 12 dd is powered by a 2500 watt mono and kicker is pushed by a kicker 4 channel

ilikeradios

Senior VIP Member
Sep 7, 2011
Pigeon Forge, TN
ok after reading your posting over and over again I think I understand what you are trying to say.

1) let me say you want help but cannot be bothered to type out clear easy to understand statement, that is not good.

2) you are running 2 different subs, powered by 2 different amps and one of them is a 4 channel? That is wrong.

3) what electrical upgrades have you made? Over 1,000 watts needs upgrades to work correctly.

4) what is your 2,500 watt amp?

5) what box(es) do you have?

BMayes36

Senior VIP Member
Jul 15, 2016
NYC
Oh boy...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

BOOMINGRANDPA

CHEAP A/F
Jan 8, 2017
NC
sounds like u need a better sub amp (since it's not running both subs) and get 2 of same subs and use 4 channel on all other speakers.. i mean u can use kicker speakers lots of peeps do, some of them not impressed with them after install though, but with hp xover from amp on them they should be fine.. like they said if u don't mind spending few more $ u can get set of comps and get adapter for 6x9 hole, i've seen some ok comps $79-$109 set probably be better that low end 6x9 coax (wish i had 6x9 hole in my doors)

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Sounds like he doesn't even care. SPECIFIC vehicle wasn't even mentioned, just the make.

On a side note, most people use mono amps to power subs, not 4 ch amps. 4 ch amps are used to power mids/tweets.

ronin1717

Apr 2, 2017
tx
I personally agree with most replys, yet I wonder not just here but in many forums why the question is not just simply answered.

Suggestion is informative and encouraging, providing growth and insight.

While I don't believe anyone was harsh, and appears wanting to be helpful the OPs question goes unanswered .

Yet unsolicitations come flooding

6*9s give a unique sound , that doesn't mean its optimal.

Could very well be ones tastes.

I didn't read where it was stated what type of listener or end acoustic goal he had.

OP .JBL and Polk make some nice 6*9s will that classic 6*9 could me mistaken for a small sub.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

da fuq does this mean?
This is funny^^

LoudSound

Senior VIP Member
Dec 23, 2016
Toronto
6x9s are shyt

But Ive seen people run them through a crossover instead of subs in stock systems, using the trunk as enclosure

Thats the only legit way to use them imo

LosIsATool

CarAudio.com Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
ok after reading your posting over and over again I think I understand what you are trying to say.
1) let me say you want help but cannot be bothered to type out clear easy to understand statement, that is not good.

2) you are running 2 different subs, powered by 2 different amps and one of them is a 4 channel? That is wrong.

3) what electrical upgrades have you made? Over 1,000 watts needs upgrades to work correctly.

4) what is your 2,500 watt amp?

5) what box(es) do you have?
Umm. 2500 on all stock electrical over here. Every car and user will be different. Some can get away with 2k in a civic.

LosIsATool

CarAudio.com Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
I personally agree with most replys, yet I wonder not just here but in many forums why the question is not just simply answered.

While I don't believe anyone was harsh, and appears wanting to be helpful the OPs question goes unanswered .

I didn't read where it was stated what type of listener or end acoustic goal he had.

OP .JBL and Polk make some nice 6*9s will that classic 6*9 could me mistaken for a small sub.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

This is funny^^
There is nothing unique about any cone size. It will sound like anything else within the same SD.

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA

This is funny^^
Do you even have the letter"x" on your keyboard? 6x9....

Some people are uneducated about sound/speakers. That's where we come in and help figure out what that person wants, how loud, budget to work with, what vehicle, etc. Some of the most simpliest questions so that we can figure out what's best for that person. It's called asking and researching. We're not here for the hell of it. Some of us have been in this car audio game a long time. We have messed around with many brands to make suggestions. And 6x9's isn't one of them.

tymoto21

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Apr 15, 2008
wisconsin
There is nothing unique about any cone size. It will sound like anything else within the same SD.
you can get odd harmonics off odd shaped speakers especially if the cone is not rigid enough it can flex at higher frequencies causing variances in tone.

not that most people will ever hear it but it does happen.

sound like op just needs some speakers. like recommended i would get 6x9 to 6.5" adapters with preferably a separate spot for the tweeter. i always liked the sound of polks but there are plenty of good brands out there that will fit your needs.

OP
R

reddzeppelin

Jun 3, 2017
Texas
Thank you all I asked was a simple question about getting some new 6x9 speakers the kickers i put in front doors don't seem to keep up with the rest of the system this was my first ever install on any kind of electronics and to be honest it sounds pretty good and as far as using the four channel ampto run one sub what is so wrong with that I have it bridged and originally I had the 5 channel amp running the 6x9 and the kicker 12" had no problems was given a new 4 channel so thought I try it and the box is a fox box and to the guy that so worried about vehicle specific it's a 1500 Laramie longhorn

OP
R

reddzeppelin

Jun 3, 2017
Texas
And do you think what your saying to me makes any sense yes we're "uneducated " but explain in a uneducated way so I can understand

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds