I'm New & Question about A/D/S

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi all I'm new here and I got some question's for ya here's the story, I recently bought a 2004 infiniti G35 coupe and I'm looking to buy a nice set of speakers to replace the stock system. I do home theater installations and through my company I can get A/D/S car audio products ,and I've heard some good thing's about a/d/s and I was wondering what do you guys think about the 346is 6.5" components for my front door speakers? are they good? I 've personally never heard them in a car yet but I have heard Focal , and Diamond audio and I like the way they sound how would you compare them to A/d/S is it as good or better? and also I can also fit a pair of 346im speakers in the back side panel which are basically the same as the front just in a coax design any way i'm not big on rear fill because my car is pretty small I just wan't to know if I should just do one real nice high powered pair in my doors and a sub like a 10" JLW7? what do you think? All input from you guys will be appreciated? I know alot about home theater but not much about car audio lol. HELP!! also if I get a/d/s/ speakers should I get their amp as well to power them?

The a/d/s speakers are very comparable to the Focals and Diamonds, however they have soft dome tweeters instead of metal dome's like Focal and Diamond.

Yes, definately get an amp to power any component speakers.

Always LOVED the sound of the a/d/s speakers. Their amps are sickeningly expensive, though. You can get the same or more power from a much less expensive amp. In fact I think the JL amps (expensive as they are) are cheaper than a somewhat comparable a/d/s amp. Shop around for an amp or amps. The Phoenix Gold Tantrum series are good bang for the buck. Give the front stage around 100 watts per channel and give the sub 500ish and you should be golden. Shop around for subs before you buy the W7 as well. I am a fan of JL myself but you can get similar sound from lesser known and less expensive subs. You don't seem like the kind of person looking for loud bass, so a pure sound quality sub might be right up your alley. Image Dynamics, Focal, a/d/s and several others make subs with excellent sound quality that are much less expensive than the W7. They might not get as loud as the W7 but if that is not what you are looking for then it doesn't matter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.