im looking to upgrade my system, but i dont know what kind of subs to get!!

marquisbrah
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
right now i got some l7s 15's by kicker. with two kx 1200.1 amps. the subs themselves are VERY old (2002). i wanna get something that will be of equal or better sound and power. im planning on keeping the amps, but the subs gotta go. i figured this would be a good time to try out some other brands. ones that ive been recommended were JL audio's 13w7, DDs, and Orion. which do you think would be good, but not super expensive? im currently upgrading my electrical system (for those aware), and im a bit strapped for cash (as far as subs go)

what are u looking for? 12's or 15's? a single sub or multiple?

u could strap them and run the ssa xcon 15"....but u have to say more of what ur looking for

what are u looking for? 12's or 15's? a single sub or multiple?
u could strap them and run the ssa xcon 15"....but u have to say more of what ur looking for
Well i was thinking of getting a single sub that can really push as much bass and power as my 15's. I plan to strap both amps but im leaning towards a single sub or maybe another pair of 15s that can push as much or even more....

Talk to SPLaudio about building you a sub. He will custom build whatever you want for a very reasonable price and does the best work ive seen. You wont be disspointed.

Well i dont think i can afford to have anything custom built lol.im probably going to sell my subs and get something for around the same price i sell them for. Maybe add $100-200 on top and see if i can build myself something decent. Im leaning towards a good, single sub that can out-perform my current subs. i guess it wouldnt hurt to ask though.

Well i dont think i can afford to have anything custom built lol.im probably going to sell my subs and get something for around the same price i sell them for. Maybe add $100-200 on top and see if i can build myself something decent. Im leaning towards a good, single sub that can out-perform my current subs. i guess it wouldnt hurt to ask though.
SSA xcon 15 or DC XL 15

he gave me a quote on a rebuild for my 15 and it was $150 for something that can take twice the rated power of what it is now

SSA Xcon 15" Sub woofer1750rms 31mm Xmax

15xcon__17847_zoom.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.