10 inch type r box

not_loud_enough
10+ year member

so i bought a 10 inch type r just to have something till i make some more money to get a nicer 10 inch sub. its in a 1 cubic foot box to "break it in". it bumps for a little thing running off of 500 watts.

but i want to make a big ported box soon to really make it thump.

i was thinking like 2 cubic feet tunned to 28 htz?

is 2 cubes to big? i need some input on this please.

no advice? how about 1.75 and 4 inch aeroport tunned to 32 hz.

and also i have this hooked up to audioque 1200d at 4 ohms, if i run at 1 ohm will this little uy take 1200 watts if i set the gains properly?

I have one at 1.9 ft^3 internal after port and speaker displacement tuned at 34hz, its pretty loud and gets low. 1200rms is kinda pushing it, It can be done but don't know how long it will hold up if its the older ones. What model sub is it?

Also depends what you listen to, I like rap and dubstep so a bigger box is good for me

Bigger box is better I say. I've seen those type Rs handle some serious Wattage I'd run it at 1ohm personally they are built well, but still be very carefull with the gain. 1 low note thats just the right tone could blow that sucka.

Bigger box is better I say. I've seen those type Rs handle some serious Wattage I'd run it at 1ohm personally they are built well, but still be very carefull with the gain. 1 low note thats just the right tone could blow that sucka.
That's why we use subsonic filters. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

As far as the box goes, 1.25-1.5ft^3 with a 33-35hz tuning is pretty solid for an all-around box. Tune lower if you're looking for a lot of low-end output.

yea rap, dubstep and techno is my music. i drive 5 hours a night listening to the sub cause im a pizza delivery boy.

i think ill make it 1.5 cubes 32 hz aeroport and run it at 4 ohms for now, then maybe if a friend wants to buy my sub ill get a AQ hdc3 10" and drop it in the box and change out the aero port to make it 38 hz and run it a 1 ohm so ill actually put my aq 1200d to good use //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

thanks for the suggestions everyone

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.