Im a noob that needs an amp Please HELP!

Vice

I have just bought a soundquebed HDS315 D2 and it has 1200 watt rms and 2000 max (i think).. im looking for a quality amp that can run 1200 rms and is between $100 and $200 (maybe a little bit more). this is my first build and am really hoping for some help.. thanks!

that will depend on what you have now under the hood.new alt for 1200 watts ? nope.also depending on how efficient the amp will be.big 3 is a must and if you still have dimming,THEN u will need a bigger batt.maybe 150 for a good agm for your car ?
Can you put that in laymans terms

you will need an amp that is not a voltage hog and at least a beefy batt up front.biggest you can fit and big 3..true 1200 rms at 1 ohm is going to be a tad rough on a 90a alt.especially IF you decide to run a door speaker amp on top of it.

do i really need a new battery? how much is that gonna cost? also do i need a new alternator ?
I got a nice batt from advanced. same as the Sears plat diehard agm just a different badge. my group 78 cost 180, but it's totally worth the money. go big 3, screw the welding wire it's not as efficient as real wire. just get like 10 or 12 feet of 1/0 cca and a couple ring terminals for it. get the battery and do a run of 4ga to the back. I put a 1200 brx on my mr2 (90a alt too) and it shot my entire electrical.. but it was an old alt, old oem batt and no big 3. that amp is incredibly inefficient too so as long as you play it safe you'll be good. I'd recommend a voltage meter hooked up directly to your battery as well. not a cheap Wal-Mart one, get a stinger or at least a reliable one. it's worth the 30 bucks and that'll help keep an eye on your electrical. low voltage is no bueno for amps! look into Dragon sound audio. I got a 3500 for 225.. I think they make a 1500 too. I was skeptical but it puts out good power and has a clip limit switch.

Hit up mylows10, he can get a wiring kit, and big 3 kit, already crimped, for damm good prices. Also very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff. I have dealt with him several times, very reputable with decent prices, and unbeatable customer service.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.