Im a noob that needs an amp Please HELP!

Vice

I have just bought a soundquebed HDS315 D2 and it has 1200 watt rms and 2000 max (i think).. im looking for a quality amp that can run 1200 rms and is between $100 and $200 (maybe a little bit more). this is my first build and am really hoping for some help.. thanks!

If your willing to go used, people here are selling nice stuff at decent prices.

In order for the forum to help you better, what vehicle do you drive? any upgrades to the electrical? what gauge wire is ran to the rear?

new stuff for $200 is iffy, and many will have opinions here.

When i asked about a quality budget amp( 4 month ago?), i paid $250 for a American Bass 4480.1 shipped. That said, many others here find that amp controversial.

Me personally, i think its a good amp for the price when powered properly.

i drive a 2006 hyundai elantra and i have no idea what a gauge wire even is.. im getting a new head unit but not sure what kind.. other than than no electrical upgrades

I have just bought a soundquebed HDS315 D2 and it has 1200 watt rms and 2000 max (i think).. im looking for a quality amp that can run 1200 rms and is between $100 and $200 (maybe a little bit more). this is my first build and am really hoping for some help.. thanks!
I have a Massive Audio N3 1400.1 that bumps a 1200 watt rms sub pretty nicely. Not to expensive, they're also insanely small, I'm sure people will have opinions on them, but it's worked for me so far.

ok, looks like the elantra has a 90 amp alternator.. thas gonna limit how much power your gonna have available.

running a sub at 1200w rms @ 1 ohm may be asking for trouble. you may need an additional batery, but that wont help until the alt is pulled down to battery volage (12.8ish)

That said, id highly requirement "the big 3". It'll help give you the best chance with stock electrical. Also, stay away from china 1/0 wire. get 1/0 welding wire for the best dollar.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/152355-official-caraudio-com-big-3-thread.html

looks like the pics are gone. but if read carefully, its all there.

Did a quick search on crutchfield. They have a bunch of HU for $100 or under some specials marked down on sale. If you spend $159 installation gear & shipping would be free. Decent pioneer marked down to $99. Take a look and do little reading up on some audio gear you might like.

Let me know how much power wire you might need. I have some 1/0 welding lead here I'll hook you up with if I have enough for you.

that will depend on what you have now under the hood.new alt for 1200 watts ? nope.also depending on how efficient the amp will be.big 3 is a must and if you still have dimming,THEN u will need a bigger batt.maybe 150 for a good agm for your car ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.