I'll be waiting till next year

Soft parts are US dip ****. Always have been.

Can you say the same?
I dunno mane. Why stop at Chinese baskets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you guys might like this then, you can see that the majority of speaker manufacturers get their stuff from a few extremely large factories
Indeed... basket casting machines cost millions of dollars so there aren't a ton of companies doing it.

There are two HUGE companies that make the majority of bulk cast baskets (I visited both -- including the one from Russ's video) -- and a third, smaller, but still good size company that is doing most of the new tooled stuff... they do mine, DD's, Skar's, Ground Zero, new Orion frames, and several others that I saw.

Cones are largely from the two big guys as well... tons of places make spiders... there are several good quality coil factories (4 good ones that I have experience with) and a ton of low quality ones.

But -- in the end -- the loudspeaker business, aside from tiny speakers built into electronics, isn't a terribly big business... I mean the enthusiast level "big" stuff... so only so many places are going to make the parts.

The key is... asking for & being willing to PAY for good quality parts and QC checking stuff.

Indeed... basket casting machines cost millions of dollars so there aren't a ton of companies doing it.
There are two HUGE companies that make the majority of bulk cast baskets (I visited both -- including the one from Russ's video) -- and a third, smaller, but still good size company that is doing most of the new tooled stuff... they do mine, DD's, Skar's, Ground Zero, new Orion frames, and several others that I saw.

Cones are largely from the two big guys as well... tons of places make spiders... there are several good quality coil factories (4 good ones that I have experience with) and a ton of low quality ones.

But -- in the end -- the loudspeaker business, aside from tiny speakers built into electronics, isn't a terribly big business... I mean the enthusiast level "big" stuff... so only so many places are going to make the parts.

The key is... asking for & being willing to PAY for good quality parts and QC checking stuff.
Is it the same build house for US made cones, spiders, and surrounds? Or do they come from different places? I know DD makes custom cones in house

Is it the same build house for US made cones, spiders, and surrounds? Or do they come from different places? I know DD makes custom cones in house
There is really not much left in the US... one coil company (Precision), biggest guys doing cones & spiders is Loudspeaker Components in Wisconsin (they bought NuWay when they went under), my understanding is that most spiders sourced from the US from L.C. (formerly NuWay) end up getting manufactured in Mexico.

Other than that not too much left here in the US.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.