if you were building system using only 1 brand. what would you choose?

And Pioneer or Eclipse used to.
I wanted to make a similar topic, however I would have left out the HU from the lineup that way you open up so many more brands:

RF

JBL

Keecker

Massive Audio

Incriminator

Skar

DD

Polk

Boston Acoustics

Cadence

JL

and many others...

For me minus the HU it would probably be JBL or Massive, (haven't heard any Massive subs though) maybe JL if I was got them for a steal. If we had to include HU, Eclipse or Alpine. I would pick Pioneer but I just don't care for their subs, or most of their amps.
Agreed. JBL has some fine offerings for everything but HU.

With HU has to match limitation, you only have Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, and Jensen to pick from pretty much. Of those Alpine actually has some good sounding drivers and reasonably good amps.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

prob have to be soundstream
Have you ever used their head units? I'd use Dual over them....

agreed. if HU is included, i'd go Alpine.

But I would run F#1 Status gear all around. CDA-7990 or DVI-9990/DAI-C990 and PXA-H900 head end/processing, MRV-F900 amps, and SPX-F17T comps... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Even the newer Tympanny made drivers can be good - I liked the SPX-107R and SPX-17MB combo for a budget 3-way front stage option.

Alpine is good, but again.... Clarion.

From their SSS/SSW comp/sub line to their APA amps, their option of DSPs. Not to mention no other company has made a HU that can do what the ADCS-1 does.

Hertz/Audison
the HU has to be different. good speaker companies don't make head units.
why don't more companies make HU's? i would think too competitive but then again the amps and speaker competition out there is insane with literally countless brands and odd ones popping up all the time.

Maybe they don't sell as well?

but i don't see a correlation as to why its imperative that if you want to make good speakers you couldn't produce a good HU as well or vise versa.

you only have Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, and Jensen to pick from pretty much. Of those Alpine actually has some good sounding drivers and reasonably good amps.

Sony and Dual too. Technically theres Bose if you rip it out of an Audi or something. But there arn't any more from other countries? you can pretty much buy most brands from other countries in the webs. suprised Brax or VIbe doesn't make Hu's. seems like there has to be more companies than just those few who can make money from car Hu's.

why don't more companies make HU's? i would think too competitive but then again the amps and speaker competition out there is insane with literally countless brands and odd ones popping up all the time. Maybe they don't sell as well?

Sony and Dual too. Technically theres Bose if you rip it out of an Audi or something. But there arn't any more from other countries? you can pretty much buy most brands from other countries in the webs. suprised Brax or VIbe doesn't make Hu's. seems like there has to be more companies than just those few who can make money from car Hu's.
just my thoughts here, but companies that make HU's usually have their hands in OEM for auto makers. The tooling and investment required is steep. Anyone can make a speaker and anyone can make an amp. But once you put a laser in it, the game changes (apparently).

I guess, I have to change.

I'm going RF

Head unit: RFX9400

speakers: T5652-S 6.5" Power T5

Highs amp:T1000-4ad

sub amp: T2500-1bdCP

subs: 2- T2D412 12"

then of course you could also get all RF wiring. Pretty much everything except the battery which I'd still go XS power.

All Pioneer Premier. Sounds great. I built my system for me to listen to first, the fact that people feel me coming 4 blocks away is just a byproduct. My build is in my Sig. and if it hasn't updated im using 2 of the Sub's mentioned and upgraded to a slightly higher output Alt.

You can go all one brand if you like, but your system will not be as good as it could be by using diffent brands in diffenernt area's of your system.(may also be more $$$) All one brand is not the best way to go because different brands excel in differnet areas. Alpine,Eclipse, and Pioneer all make great HU's but there are other brands that make superior amps and speakers/subs. My 2cents, but also a fact.

If you still feel the need to go with one brand you should probably just go with Alpine,Eclipse,Pioneer due to they are among the few that have the quality and all the parts to meet all aspects of a system.

I guess, I have to change. I'm going RF

Head unit: RFX9400

speakers: T5652-S 6.5" Power T5

Highs amp:T1000-4ad

sub amp: T2500-1bdCP

subs: 2- T2D412 12"

then of course you could also get all RF wiring. Pretty much everything except the battery which I'd still go XS power.
nice. though i wonder why RF made Hu's for such a short period of time. i remember seeing them in audio shops. never looked at them really.

You can go all one brand if you like, but your system will not be as good as it could be by using diffent brands in diffenernt area's of your system.(may also be more $$$) All one brand is not the best way to go because different brands excel in differnet areas. Alpine,Eclipse, and Pioneer all make great HU's but there are other brands that make superior amps and speakers/subs. My 2cents, but also a fact.
If you still feel the need to go with one brand you should probably just go with Alpine,Eclipse,Pioneer due to they are among the few that have the quality and all the parts to meet all aspects of a system.
again, this is just a hypothetical subject. Or think of it this way, if you were a car maker, what brand of system would you use for your premier option. i was more interested in the reasons as to why one chose a particular brand when looking at their lineup.

i first chose JVC. i'd lean more on Alpine now unless CLarion makes complete line of speakers and amps....i know they used to make amps, my friend had one.

Alpine's type x speakers and PDX do have some nice specs and they have a decent line of HU's judging from what i'm seeing.

Clarion has been making amps since the late 70s, maybe longer, but they haven't stopped. Same with speakers. Their quality has been top notch for decades. They would be my all in one choice, bar none.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.