If you’re looking for some headphones... get these!

Marve_Lous

CarAudio.com Well Known
Aug 4, 2019
Houston, TX
I had these cans several years ago and finally picked up the new Bluetooth set and they’re still as amazing as I remember. By far the best cans you can get for under $200, and arguably as good as or better than most you can get for $500 or less. Good balanced sound. Bass sounds tight and accurate. Highs are crisp and clear. Anyway, if you’re in the market for some headphones I highly recommend these:
Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBTGM Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones, Gunmetal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K2L2LCG/?tag=caraudiocom-20

nauc

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Mar 22, 2005
USA
fwiw...

Marve_Lous

CarAudio.com Well Known
Aug 4, 2019
Houston, TX
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You've tested every set under $200?
Of course not... I’ve tested several though. Just throwing these out there for those who haven’t heard of them or tried them.... definitely give them a listen. They were the best sounding IMO of the ones I compared them to.

whitedragon551

5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Mar 5, 2009
IL
I test headphones for companies and these things are dog shit. AudioTechnica doesnt have many headphones worth the price bracket they are in. These are just straight distortion. If you want headphones under $200, depending on sound signature and style, check out the the Beyerdynamic DT990's, Grado 80i, or AKG K712Pros for open back or the Shure SRH750DJ or VMODA Crossfades for closed back.

GTSQ

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jun 28, 2020
Idaho
I test headphones for companies and these things are dog shit. AudioTechnica doesnt have many headphones worth the price bracket they are in. These are just straight distortion. If you want headphones under $200, depending on sound signature and style, check out the the Beyerdynamic DT990's, Grado 80i, or AKG K712Pros for open back or the Shure SRH750DJ or VMODA Crossfades for closed back.
Which bump da most doe?

Are these any good? Sony MDR-XB950B1

marc2112

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 12, 2012
Montreal, Qc
Which bump da most doe?

Sony makes great budget headphones but in this price range I'd look for a more specialized brand like Beyer, Grado and others listed.

I have a pair of Beyer and yes they bump.

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I had these cans several years ago and finally picked up the new Bluetooth set and they’re still as amazing as I remember. By far the best cans you can get for under $200, and arguably as good as or better than most you can get for $500 or less. Good balanced sound. Bass sounds tight and accurate. Highs are crisp and clear. Anyway, if you’re in the market for some headphones I highly recommend these:
Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBTGM Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones, Gunmetal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K2L2LCG/?tag=caraudiocom-20
Had these in non Bluetooth version and definitely was not impressed. I actually gave them away. Not saying they were garbage, they just didn’t do it for me.

whitedragon551

5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Mar 5, 2009
IL
Which bump da most doe?

Typically closed back headphones have the best bass. Open back headphones have the most neutral sound and open sound stage. Out of the ones I listed, any of the closed back have plenty of bass. I prefer the VMODA's over the others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds