If i do 3 12s type Rs how big should the box be and what tuneing?

Type-Rs are rated for 500w each, and they dont really like being overpowered. Id say 1500 would be great for 3 subs, if that amp is actually putting out rated wattage. Being a MA amp i believe they are rated at 16volts or something like that. Which would actually put you in the 1000watt range on a 12-14 volt....

Just my .02

7.5cubes Tuned To 35hz With A 195 Square Inch Port (65square Inches Per Sub)

With 1000watts Goin To Each Sub....and U Will Be Very Loud And Still Sound Decent

Type-Rs are rated for 500w each, and they dont really like being overpowered. Id say 1500 would be great for 3 subs, if that amp is actually putting out rated wattage. Being a MA amp i believe they are rated at 16volts or something like that. Which would actually put you in the 1000watt range on a 12-14 volt.... Just my .02
my amp is rated at 2000@2 ohms. I had a single type r 12 wired to 2 ohms in my car and beat on it pretty good every day. I never had an overpowering problem with it.

i would say go with 80inches he knows what he is talking about buddy of mine had a box designed by him and it turned out pretty good even though he didn't enough power.

but if this is going in a trunk i and i know a little about trunks i would say do about 1.5 cubes per sub cause i think that is what the subs call for and go with the port area 80 gave you. now if you are in a suv or ext cab then you do the 6 or 7 cubes and go from there but me i don't like doing those huge ass boxes takes up too much space and if you have a trunk you to make life changing changes to get it in.

my amp is rated at 2000@2 ohms. I had a single type r 12 wired to 2 ohms in my car and beat on it pretty good every day. I never had an overpowering problem with it.
Just because your amp can put out 2kw doesn't mean that you did. You'd reach thermal/mechanical limits far before you put a real 2kw to a type r.

Just because your amp can put out 2kw doesn't mean that you did. You'd reach thermal/mechanical limits far before you put a real 2kw to a type r.
no, im just saying i was running alot over rated power and nothing happened. Lots of people way overpower them with no problem. you cant really say they dont like to be overpowered.

Type-Rs are rated for 500w each, and they dont really like being overpowered. Id say 1500 would be great for 3 subs, if that amp is actually putting out rated wattage. Being a MA amp i believe they are rated at 16volts or something like that. Which would actually put you in the 1000watt range on a 12-14 volt.... Just my .02
no. they can take well over 500rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.