idle questions..

KyleBechtold
5,000+ posts

Quit reading this
When i first turn my car on and its in park my car will idle at 1k rpm and will stay there.. i can bump my system full blast and stay at 13.7-14.2.. now then as soon as i put it in drive it will idle at 700 rpm or lower.. and my voltage will be 12.8-13.2 when bumping.. even if i now shift it back to park it will still be same rpms.. is there any way to increase idle rpms with out hitting the pedal?

maybe. i never saw him do it. but when i brought it his hsop he explained to me HOW to do it. i know thats not much help but i know for a fact that u can raise the idle of a car. my explorer went from 500 to almost 1200 at idle. i had a bad idle problem

There's a module you can buy for an adapter to the TPS. Throttle position sensor. I have one and its fully adjustable, you can program the 4 buttons to have various idle controls.

1 is my normal idle 750-800

2 is 1500rpm

3 is 2000rpm

I have one on my drag car as well. They come in handy and are mainly used for those so you can hold a steady burn out idle and stage line idle.

You may also want to consider adding an additional electric fan for the radiator depending on how sensitive the engine is. Sitting still for too long with even a slightly higher idle will make some engines run a bit hot.

My Toyota has a small screw on the throttle body that allows for idle adjustment. Very easy.

Make sure with an electric fan you have a fail safe light.

I've seen to many precious drag cars burn up from people thinking there electric fan is working when they are driving and it wasn't.

The light will turn on when it thinks your fan isn't turning on and the engine is too hot.

find the screw that adjusts the cable at the throttle body and turn it clockwise till you reach the 1k mark do this after the car is warmed up and after you have put it in drive then back to park.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.