Ideas to secure false floor

West1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
2007 Frontier

rear seats gone

Under the seats was the spare tire mold so the floor is nerfd.

Along with my box, the builder is making me a false floor that will look like a letter L laying down (rotate 90*).

I did plan to put 20 screws through the box to the false floor, that should secure the 8 cube box.

Whats the best way to secure the floor so it doesn't move as I drive, ideas/suggestions...

Tyvm

2007 Frontierrear seats gone

Under the seats was the spare tire mold so the floor is nerfd.

Along with my box, the builder is making me a false floor that will look like a letter L laying down (rotate 90*).

I did plan to put 20 screws through the box to the false floor, that should secure the 8 cube box.

Whats the best way to secure the floor so it doesn't move as I drive, ideas/suggestions...

Tyvm
Bolt it down through the underside use larger fender washers so you have better surface contact points ..

I covered all the surfaces the bottom part would touch with butyl strips. Its super grippy and doesn't let anything move. Plus easy to remove.

I mounted all my amps and then cut pieces of 2x4s the height i wanted thefloor to be, about 3mm higher than my tallest amp. I glued those pieces down to the base floor and then made/cut the 2nd layer. The top part of the false floor. You do what need to in order to figure out where those pieces will be under the top floor and then screwed the top to the 2x4s.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yea
329c2980673aa1c9c0bd36179b2a9996.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

5b865315f9c0015b2d5a5f0047eb3e75.jpg

Thx for the help all

Make or buy some brackets and use the holes in the floor where the seats were bolted in.
Great idea, I forgot about those holes.

This is an example of how messed up the actual floor is. It will be leveled with the false floor and the legs/support will be approximately 9" tall (to make it level).

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=PXPlWsOuKcre0wKTq6iYBg&q=nissan+frontier+rear+sests&oq=nissan+frontier+rear+sests&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3..0i13.2533.11211..11658...0....78.1715.26......0....1.......3..0j41j0i24j30i10.oZe6g1kxxJs%3D#imgrc=Z9xiqcegTfyOKM:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.