10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
nyc
Im gonna do my first active setup in a coupe and i need speaker ideas

2 tweeters

2 6.5s front doors

2 6.5s rear right behind front seats

Powered by 90x4 and 380x1 5 channel amp and a avh5800 head unit 3 way active

I know this question is so dumb but can u guys give me ideas on long lasting speakers with good bass

I want the bass to be equal to 1 8 inch sub , very good warm crisp clean clear sound

Will spend 300 ish on fronts 300 ish on rears 150 ish on tweets

These will all go in stock location

Might not of been clear , i meant to say the 6.5s need to have clear crisp mid range and also good bass

If it's a coupe and you're going active, why not just spend all your money on a good 3 way active front stage and eliminate your rear stage completely? You have the budget to potentially have an awesome sound stage as long as your install is done right. That means deadening your car, placement of speakers, rigorous amount of tuning, and dedication. If you can eliminate your rear speakers look into the Hertz HSK 165 XL. They are known to have good bass reproduction for a 6.5" speaker. Very loud and clear that can easily keep up with loud subs. Can last a very long time considering the quality too.

What car is this anyway? Do you have room to put a dedicated 8" sub?

If it's a coupe and you're going active, why not just spend all your money on a good 3 way active front stage and eliminate your rear stage completely? You have the budget to potentially have an awesome sound stage as long as your install is done right. That means deadening your car, placement of speakers, rigorous amount of tuning, and dedication. If you can eliminate your rear speakers look into the Hertz HSK 165 XL. They are known to have good bass reproduction for a 6.5" speaker. Very loud and clear that can easily keep up with loud subs. Can last a very long time considering the quality too.
What car is this anyway? Do you have room to put a dedicated 8" sub?

Its a 03 g35.. i was actually looking at those hertz. I might just do 2 way active since going 3 way is to much of a hassle with pods and extra amps. Im really looking to have 1 5 channel amp that will also push a 10 or 12 sub.

As far as speakers, instead of doing 700 on that wich is components, what options do i have for tweets and mids without buying a xover i dont need.

Its a 03 g35.. i was actually looking at those hertz. I might just do 2 way active since going 3 way is to much of a hassle with pods and extra amps. Im really looking to have 1 5 channel amp that will also push a 10 or 12 sub.
As far as speakers, instead of doing 700 on that wich is components, what options do i have for tweets and mids without buying a xover i dont need.
You can just sell the xover to reduce your overall cost. Or buy used if you can find the right deal. If you want to just buy separate mids and tweets, then try looking at partsexpress.com they sell drivers individually. Vifa Silk dome tweeters (now known as Tymphany) have had a lot of good reviews considering their price. Tymphany NE25VTS-04 1" Silk Dome Tweeter They also have a good selection of Morel mids and tweets, which are pretty up there in quality. Morel - Replacement Speakers, Bass Speakers, Raw Speakers, Speaker, Tweeters, Woofers, Woofer Speakers, Subwoofers, Diaphragms, Dome Midranges, Dome Tweeters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.