Ideas for amp rack...

Participant count
  • Participant list

groggy23
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
north VA
I need some help in designing an amp rack. Pictured below is what I have so far. I want to cover the wiring and have some sort of clear plastic window to show off parts of the amps and d-blocks. Similar to a false floor. I don't want to go as far as fiberglassing, just something easy to fabricate. I don't have the tools for any type of woodwork either. Suggestions welcome.

I know its messy with copper strands to the left. I took this pic before I vaccumed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMG_0532_2.jpg

take trunk carpet out, transfer the shape of it on to a piece of hardboard (thin flexable board) then set in trunk, and cut holes in it where you want the amps to show.

Sounds like a good idea. I assume you can find this hardboard at homedepot or lowes? Any particular one I should look for?

yes. homedepot, look in the lumber area where the 4'x8' sheets are, you should find these thin dark brown sheets, that are smooth on one side and rough on the other. you can bend it. it works great for cover panels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.