Ideas anyone

Yea with every su setup i have had facing the rear has always been the best. But what about the port whichway for that? Sideways or same as subs?
Shouldn't matter a whole lot, as long as there is nothing to impede the air flow of the port.

for simple convenience, subs and port face the same direction, It's just how alot of people do it.

Ok i wasnt really clear on that. Thanks for letting know and helping me make decision on the 2 hdc315s!lol
I have nothing better to do, home sick from school, watching netflix and lurking the forums.

Awsome. R there any box ideas the would be easy to build. Ive only made 1 box be4 and it ****** as$ i made it out of plywood!lol the worst idea ever!lol but i didnt kno n e better.

i do box designs quite often, 3d rendering with dimensions and a full cut sheet, if you want one let me know.
and make sure this one is out of 3/4"mdf with a good bit of bracing.
Yes i would greatly appreciate it if you could do that for me and i will deffinatly use 3/4 mdf.lol when i made my plywood box i thought the thinner the wood the more sound. well in a way that was true if you want the loudest porthole noise on the block.haha. Everything is better when you find out the hard way lol.

Yes i would greatly appreciate it if you could do that for me and i will deffinatly use 3/4 mdf.lol when i made my plywood box i thought the thinner the wood the more sound. well in a way that was true if you want the loudest porthole noise on the block.haha. Everything is better when you find out the hard way lol.
Shoot me a pm with the box dims you want and ill got on it tonight. And port noise has nothing to do with material. The reason you get port noise is too little port area.

Total Volume: 7.3'3

-Subs: .42'3

-Bracing: .27'3

Net Volume ~6.5'3

Port: 5"x15.5"x~25"

Tuned to ~32hz

iso_d15.png

iso_d15_topless.png

d15_top.png

d15_iso_rear.png

that second brace might be unnecessary, but that one to support the sub magnets is necessary.

Total Volume: 7.3'3-Subs: .42'3

-Bracing: .27'3

Net Volume ~6.5'3

Port: 5"x15.5"x~25"

Tuned to ~32hz

iso_d15.png

iso_d15_topless.png

d15_top.png

d15_iso_rear.png

that second brace might be unnecessary, but that one to support the sub magnets is necessary.
whoa...... i'm looking at how much of an opening that motor brace has. curious as to how that affects things. seems to be just a little bigger than the port, from where i see it....

whoa...... i'm looking at how much of an opening that motor brace has. curious as to how that affects things. seems to be just a little bigger than the port, from where i see it....
It's quite a bit larger, I didn't want to impede airflow...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.