Front Speakers- 6.5" Alpine Type-S components

Rear speakers- 6x9 sound ordnance

Subwoofer- Sundown SA-12 dual 4

Box- ported @ 35 hz

Speaker amplifier- Depth Charge 4004

Sub amp- Boston Acoustics GTA-800m

Now I was looking through Parts Express and i came across this:

Tang Band W69-1042J 6"x9" Subwoofer 264-837

(if the link doesnt work its a Tang Bang 6x9 subwoofer)

That gave me the idea of taking out the current rear 6x9's and replacing them with those. would they actually sound good or would the Sundown completely over power them? I wanted to tune the sundown lower anyway so i was thinking i could build a new box at like 28 hz and have the Tang Bangs play from 80 hz to 35 hz and have the sundown play play from 60 hz down.

Would this work or would everything just sound like a mess back there?

Any ideas or opinions are appreciated and thanks in advance!

are those 6x9s in a rear door or a rear deck? if they're in a rear deck, not sealed off from the sub in the trunk, the subs may just use em as passive radiators and possibly eff em up and it will definitely not sound good.

its a rear deck at that was what I was worried about. That the main sub and the 6x9's would not co-exist. What if i built a box into the rear deck?

its a rear deck at that was what I was worried about. That the main sub and the 6x9's would not co-exist. What if i built a box into the rear deck?
meeeeeh....it could work but I dont see much to gain from doing it. If youre looking for better midbass, start up front by sealing and deadening doors, possibly better components, and maybe a better amp.

Yeah it does seem like a lot of work for very little gain. Oh well I just thought it would be a cool and unique system.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

i sealed off my rear deck, onother way is they make plasic, and foam speaker boxes also for a cheap quick solution.
Where can you find them?

Yeah it does seem like a lot of work for very little gain. Oh well I just thought it would be a cool and unique system
i had the same idea a while back when I first started but, really wont help anything by doin it. Just extra work for nothing really. If you wanna spend some money and do some custom work, try those 6x9s up front in your door as dedicated midbass and mount your mid and tweet up on your pillars or dash for a good front stage.

There used to be 3 1/2 inch speakers in the dash so i was thinking about putting a bullet tweeter in there something like this: Pyle Pro PDBT38 Titanium Super Tweeter 272-120 but im a little worried because #1 its pyle and #2 i heard tweeters like that dont have as good sound quality. I may try your idea and i was also thinking about trying my hand at making some kick panels.

There used to be 3 1/2 inch speakers in the dash so i was thinking about putting a bullet tweeter in there something like this: Pyle Pro PDBT38 Titanium Super Tweeter 272-120 but im a little worried because #1 its pyle and #2 i heard tweeters like that dont have as good sound quality. I may try your idea and i was also thinking about trying my hand at making some kick panels.
that actually works out pretty well then.

run the 6x9 midbass in your door then put some 3.5" drivers in those spots and a tweeter in your pillars. active or passive.

that actually works out pretty well then.run the 6x9 midbass in your door then put some 3.5" drivers in those spots and a tweeter in your pillars. active or passive.
Should i run the Sound Ordnance 6x9's or get the Tang Bangs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.