ID Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

flava30
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NYC
I have a rockford fosgate T400-4 and bought ID ctx 65cs comps for rear and ID x65 with Lanzar DCT 1-Inch Silk Dome tweeters. I x them over at about 60 hz and they were sounding really good. I finally pushed them on my way home from work on the highway. About 30 minutes worth of old school rap. Then all of a sudden my RF started going into protect mode. When I lowered the volume they started to play again. Before these speakers I had beyma 6.5" up front and O2 6.5" speakers in the rears that were 8 ohms with no issues. What is going on? I thought that ID were good speakers.

I get that, but it was fine before. The amp never had any problems. Only when I switched to these speakers.

Unless your speakers are 4 ohm now, it shouldn't affect it. If they are different, then the amp gains should be reset. Lower resistance means more power. This causes the amp to work harder and maybe causing your issue.

So I should set my gains lower after reset? correct? I will start at zero tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks unclerandy.

Okay, so for the rear fill ctx 65cs comps I can put them high on gain with no protection on amp. Now for the front ID x65 with Lanzar DCT 1-Inch Silk Dome tweeters, when I put the gain over 5 (a lil' over 1/4) on amp it goes into protect mode. I also noticed that there is not difference in sound coming out of the speakers when I adjust the gain. It just stays at the same level, which is very low. It doesn't even turn the sound off when I put the gain to zero. WTH! Do I have a bad connection up front? I will have to dissasemble and see what's going on. Maybe wrong polarity, crossed wired or something. Not sure.

Okay, so I tested things out and it ended up being that the xover the lanzar tweeters came with are horrible. The left front side was destroyed and the right side was on it's way out. I replaced them. Everything is awesome now. I'm really glad that the amp was going into protect mode. It's a great lil' amp. Thanks for your input unclerandy.

lmk if your interested in selling those x65's
Nah...They sound really good. Keeping them...Now I need a stronger amp to push them. The RF I have now isn't doing them any justice. ****...it just doesn't stop ...lol

If you high pass your speakers at 60Hz, then this increases the load on the speaker amplifier significantly, specially when playing bass heavy content. Maybe it's time to think where to relocate the amplifier to allow it have more air circulation.

If you high pass your speakers at 60Hz, then this increases the load on the speaker amplifier significantly, specially when playing bass heavy content. Maybe it's time to think where to relocate the amplifier to allow it have more air circulation.
The amp was going into protect mode because the xovers on the tweeters were toast. I have no problem with the amp going into protect mode now after I replaced them. I was wondering about replacing the amp with a more poweful one because I don't think that the RF I have now is powerful enough. These speakers deserve more power to sound even better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.