IA 40.1 and 2 12 Type Rs....AKA...WEAKSAUCEEE *Vid*

mine are sealed at 1.5 cubic feet each. I get decent window and door flex sealed, so you be the judge.
i think they sound better sealed, but that's just me.
I don't really care about the flexing or anything. I just want to be able to feel the bass in the cabin. I'm just afraid that i can't feel the bass because of the gas tank and the wood that is going to be blocking out the sound waves.

I don't really care about the flexing or anything. I just want to be able to feel the bass in the cabin. I'm just afraid that i can't feel the bass because of the gas tank and the wood that is going to be blocking out the sound waves.
you will with the right amp, both type r's need 1300-2000 rms to really get moving. From my experiences, sealed sounds alot better because the bass is so much more punchier, but you will lose a little output going sealed, just a little.

These are my experiences //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I wonder if i can go with 1 12" ported and be louder than 2 12" sealed. I just don't know what woofer yet. I need to get some dimensions and start a new thread for some suggestions. I didn't want to go ported because of sq but i've never heard of a sq setup that is loud or an type of sq setup before.

you will with the right amp, both type r's need 1300-2000 rms to really get moving. From my experiences, sealed sounds alot better because the bass is so much more punchier, but you will lose a little output going sealed, just a little.
These are my experiences //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i hope you mean 1.3K - 2K combined..?

just making sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i haven't made up my mind between 2 type r's or 2 re se's
In my personal experience, the type-r dominated in pure output.

SE sounded better but I'm not a big SQ guy so the type-r's sound didn't bother me much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Actually I was giving the sealed setup more power..... about double. The sealed ones were in a pre-fab though and the ported one was in a 2 cubic foot box tuned to about 30HZ with 25sq. inches of port. I guess I just like the sound of a ported box. The dude I made the box for couldnt be happier either.

Back on topic.... I cant believe the Rs held up with the 40.1, impressive

Actually I was giving the sealed setup more power..... about double. The sealed ones were in a pre-fab though and the ported one was in a 2 cubic foot box tuned to about 30HZ with 25sq. inches of port. I guess I just like the sound of a ported box. The dude I made the box for couldnt be happier either.
the sealed should have gotten much louder then if you gave them double the power. I don't get how this can be true unless the sealed box was only like 1 cubic foot or something. How much power though? I gave a single ported type r 1100 rms daily and it got loud, but my sealed dual sub enclosure in my sig (1600 rms) blows it away.

JBL BP1200.1 at 1 ohm to the pair sealed, 5th channel of a eD nine.1 on the ported one. The sealed pair was in the trunk of a 95 Grand Prix 2 dr., the ported box was in the back of a mid 90s New Yorker. The Sealed box probably was only about 1 cube since it was a prefab. I don't know... i really dont feel like arguing about it. I think they do alright in either type of enclosure, I just preferred the sound of the ported one. It seemed to drop lower....

O.P.- where is the port on your box? side firing?

JBL BP1200.1 at 1 ohm to the pair sealed, 5th channel of a eD nine.1 on the ported one. The sealed pair was in the trunk of a 95 Grand Prix 2 dr., the ported box was in the back of a mid 90s New Yorker. The Sealed box probably was only about 1 cube since it was a prefab. I don't know... i really dont feel like arguing about it. I think they do alright in either type of enclosure, I just preferred the sound of the ported one. It seemed to drop lower....
O.P.- where is the port on your box? side firing?
ahh, no need to argue anymore. Type r's can't breath in a 1 cubic foot enclosure. I've done it once just for shits and giggles and i took it out the next day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.