IA 20.1 vs soundqubed 2200.1

bout to hook up my IA 20.1.....on a pair of SA10's!! it wont be in permanently but just cant resist not trying it out! lol

current amp is audio technix AT 1200.1

How did you like the amps?
Alot more power! Lol the tantric ld's couldn't handle it, almost done getting some SQ hds208s in. Now I can really test it

But seems like its making the power more efficiently then my sq1200. Going to get the meter on it to check my drops later today. I'll post my results

Your amp is at best a 2.5kw, you can't find those amps you listed for $800, your hating because your poor.
Lol who's hating? I was just saying I can get more power and not be a cheap amp for 800. I see Sundown 3500s for sale cheaper then that all time for example. One of my friend is selling a American Bass 500.1 for 750. I never said IA was bad or nothing, IA makes great equipment. Im even debating getting either a IA DP 21" or IA Judge 21".....

But yep I'm poor, if that's what you call not wanting to spend a bunch on a audio, but just bought a new SUV for my wife. I can live with being poor and in poverty lol

Got the SQs in and ran my standard test song. Was running around 1600 or so and they took it and sounded like they can handle more easy. Although my voltage dipped down to 11.2 a few times at the deepest note.

I have been lazy and left OFC 4g as my power wire with no big 3. I do have a group 24 80ah batt under the hood and 130amp alt with a baby v6 motor. Im waiting on a new block to run 0 everywhere and do the big 3. Hoping i will see improvements after this is done but i dint think it will handle all 2K. Prob going to have to throw another 80ah in the back. Thoughts?

thats pretty good drop.. are you clipping the amp?

you definitely need 2 batteries and a HO alternator to give that amp what it needs.

thats pretty good drop.. are you clipping the amp?
you definitely need 2 batteries and a HO alternator to give that amp what it needs.
Nope, running way under rms for sure. Light never light up at all

Maybe back batt but if i did a HO alt i wouldnt need another batt. 2K isnt going to pull but what? Maybe 200 amps, im speaking on paper of course. Ive never ran 2K before so i dont have real world experience to speak from.

Nope, running way under rms for sure. Light never light up at all
Maybe back batt but if i did a HO alt i wouldnt need another batt. 2K isnt going to pull but what? Maybe 200 amps, im speaking on paper of course. Ive never ran 2K before so i dont have real world experience to speak from.
when i went from one battery and a regular alternator to two batts and a HO alternator I still dropped a little bit, but I gained an audible increase in output. This is on one powerbass 1000, they pull about 150 amps max. takes power to make power, even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes.

when i went from one battery and a regular alternator to two batts and a HO alternator I still dropped a little bit, but I gained an audible increase in output. This is on one powerbass 1000, they pull about 150 amps max. takes power to make power, even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes.
Good info man, guess ill get my **** tons of 0 in and throw a batt in and see what i get!

Good info man, guess ill get my **** tons of 0 in and throw a batt in and see what i get!
one 0 gauge OFC run with a distro block out to the amps will work just fine imo, of course do the big three as well.

one 0 gauge OFC run with a distro block out to the amps will work just fine imo, of course do the big three as well.
I have 2 20ft runs of 0 coming, its cca Execution audio. Battery terminals with dual 0 inputs for big 3, and new 6way block so i can plug my batt in right next to my amp. Group 24 80ah deep cycle werkers, but im going to check my voltage again after i upgrade all the wire. See where i stand.

Just realized my battery under the hood isnt even deep cycle. So a 1K CCA rating means jack crap to an amp.

Ive got a pair of the werkers deep cycle 80ah group 24 batts, going to throw one under the hood with the 0 and if needed the other in the back.

Alot more power! Lol the tantric ld's couldn't handle it, almost done getting some SQ hds208s in. Now I can really test it
But seems like its making the power more efficiently then my sq1200. Going to get the meter on it to check my drops later today. I'll post my results
Glad you like it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JoshC

10+ year member
The Taco MASTA
JoshC
Houston, tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date