IA 20.1 vs soundqubed 2200.1

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Just as the title says. I'm looking for a 2k watt amp but have gotten spoiled to my 1200 clipping lights. I know The IA is of good quality but I'm worried about clipping my subs. I do know how to set my gains with a DMM properly as to make sure if the signal clean it won't clip. But the issue is I've noticed many songs clips when they should not with that setting.

Is there really a point in having the clip indicator or will I be able to hear the Subs really before I clip them too bad. It is a single cab truck so won the Subs bottom out I notice it very fast.

My IA came with the clip light on the gain knob. And to be clear the quilty and power is much better with the IA. If you got the money for the IA get it you won't be disappointed.

You could toss the DD M2b/c in the mix too. You get clip indication and a voltmeter.

Plus it's just an awesome amp.

I have a little love affair with the 20.1, but I don't think they're worth the premium that comes with the Incriminator badge.

Just as the title says. I'm looking for a 2k watt amp but have gotten spoiled to my 1200 clipping lights. I know The IA is of good quality but I'm worried about clipping my subs. I do know how to set my gains with a DMM properly as to make sure if the signal clean it won't clip. But the issue is I've noticed many songs clips when they should not with that setting.
Is there really a point in having the clip indicator or will I be able to hear the Subs really before I clip them too bad. It is a single cab truck so won the Subs bottom out I notice it very fast.
Nice to see a fellow Ram single cabber in here. Let us know what you get

Might as well get the IA while it is on the B&B sale at SSA. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Clear your Pms please lol, couldn't send that last message to ya about the trade in.

You could toss the DD M2b/c in the mix too. You get clip indication and a voltmeter.
Plus it's just an awesome amp.

I have a little love affair with the 20.1, but I don't think they're worth the premium that comes with the Incriminator badge.
Honestly thats the amp i wanted, but with the sale going on and vertex accepting trades its no cash out of pocket for the IA. I liked the meter in the knob but im switching to the 80prs soon and hoping its volt meter is accurate. I cant seem to make standard aftermarket one look good in my truck :/

Nice to see a fellow Ram single cabber in here. Let us know what you get
I scooped up the 20.1, now if i can just squeeze it under the seat lol

Once sale ends best look else where cause IA thinks that badge is solid gold and prices reflect it also... No BS I never see anyone running them be it subs or amps I mean $800 bucks for a 20.1 heck B2 is laughing at those inflated prices......

Honestly thats the amp i wanted, but with the sale going on and vertex accepting trades its no cash out of pocket for the IA. I liked the meter in the knob but im switching to the 80prs soon and hoping its volt meter is accurate. I cant seem to make standard aftermarket one look good in my truck :/

I scooped up the 20.1, now if i can just squeeze it under the seat lol
The 80 prs voltmeter It gives you a small idea but is usually off by 1-2 tenths. I wouldn't rely on it for precise reading, just a small indicator.

Make sure you add some push pull configuration fans in there if you do fit it down there. They have a good heat sink but most amps will get pretty hot under the seat. Its just for longevity's sake. You'll very much enjoy that IA 20.1. I'd go with a twisted sounds or ampere audio myself if i'd ever go back to korean amps. Mainly because I wont ever have the cash for IA with their normal prices and people just dont sell their IA amps often at all, they all keep them (bastards!).

The 80 prs voltmeter It gives you a small idea but is usually off by 1-2 tenths. I wouldn't rely on it for precise reading, just a small indicator.
Make sure you add some push pull configuration fans in there if you do fit it down there. They have a good heat sink but most amps will get pretty hot under the seat. Its just for longevity's sake. You'll very much enjoy that IA 20.1. I'd go with a twisted sounds or ampere audio myself if i'd ever go back to korean amps. Mainly because I wont ever have the cash for IA with their normal prices and people just dont sell their IA amps often at all, they all keep them (bastards!).
Yea I'll just use it to make sure I stay at 13, any lower and I'll add a batt.

My amps have little boats I mount then on, my 1200 never gets warm even at full tilt

Dude hit up vertex about that amp. Good dude and will hook you up. Hands down if I ever want IA gear anymore I'll be getting in contact with him again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.