I want to buy a sports bike soon...inform me

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
im 6'1 and weigh no more than 150, moreso around 145, im tall and skinny

At 6'2" 160lbs the 250r ninja I had would have troubles getting into traffic and not to mention that it was far to small for me and made any ride more than 30-40miles uncomfortable.
Yeah I dont want anything uncomfortable......

You do know that the driver is the one that determines how fast the bike will go? It's having that extra power in reserve that you are scared about.
yeah but im a *****

Sounds like your mind is made up on the 250r...why are you asking opinions?
my minds not made up, I just want to see resoning thats all. Im a good 2 months or so from buying, but im dead serious that im getting one.

I started out on a Honda Hurricane 1100, lol!

It honestly is all mind and not being a dumbass! I say get a 600cc or above and just be smart! A 250 is too small if you are a good size. Now if you are small as ****, then go for it. I still would step it up.

I actually learned on dirt bikes, but it is different IMO than a street bike.

I started out on a Honda Hurricane 1100, lol!
It honestly is all mind and not being a dumbass! I say get a 600cc or above and just be smart! A 250 is too small if you are a good size. Now if you are small as ****, then go for it. I still would step it up.

I actually learned on dirt bikes, but it is different IMO than a street bike.
well its extra money, for the power I really dont want. Also im not a very big guy, 6'1 and 150, just lanky as hell.

go take a MSF class

http://www.msf-usa.org/

Learn on something small, wear your gear!!!

Dont rush into a decision, talk to people not on a CA forum about what a sensible choice would be.

If you are 6'1" then a R6 will **** for you! Better go sit on a few to see what fits.

The thing about all these people saying a 600 is fine for a beginner is technically correct, but an inexperienced rider may not have the throttle control that someone with experience does. This is where the trouble happens...

OP, for a great starter bike that will get you 45+mpg, plenty of power, fun to drive, etc. Check out the SV650 that Regl8r posted about. It is a great bike.

Buy a moped then...Honestly, 250cc is worthless, 500cc there isnt many good options, 600cc is well balanced on power and agility/nimbleness, 1000cc is just haul ass.
the new 2008 250r is not worthless for someone that is a beginner. It looks just like any other sports bike without the power to kill yourself in. LIke somone else mentioned, its not the cc that kills you, its your throttle control and a beginner does not have that experience.

OP, but you do have to realize that once you get the hang of driving a bike, you'll want to step up your game because it will eventually bored you. Then a 600cc will be perfect for you and there is no need for going any higher than that. Gl choosing your bike and the 250r is not a bad choice at all. It fits your budget and looks good too.

I think the 600cc would be too much for me, Im almost 23 and I just dont want to have that kind of power...id kill myself.
you will shoot urself if you don't AT LEAST get a 600 to start out, if you got anything smaller you would ride for 2 months, and then want more power.

remember, you can kill yourself just as easy on a 250 as you can on a 600 or 1000.

you will shoot urself if you don't AT LEAST get a 600 to start out, if you got anything smaller you would ride for 2 months, and then want more power.
remember, you can kill yourself just as easy on a 250 as you can on a 600 or 1000.
Gabe beat me to it, if you are scared of a 600 dont even buy a bike. Save your money and get a new vehicle or more sounds... the above post pretty much sums it all up for you.

i just picked up a naked Kawasaki zr7, its a 750cc. Best part is that is was only 1500. Im 511 and fits me pretty well. There are deals out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.