I want new amps!!

you are to stupid to understand that its hilarious that he SWEARS he cannot hear a difference but throws money away on buying high dollar amps. that is like buying a painting but you are blind.
The point of buying premium amps is reliability, resale value, aesthetics, and supporting companies that do R&D and/or manufacture in the first world. There's also somewhat a matter of prestige. Some people will pay the extra 40% to have their Toyota named "Lexus" and more power to them. Your attacks at OP really seem like sour grapes.

The point of buying premium amps is reliability, resale value, aesthetics, and supporting companies that do R&D and/or manufacture in the first world. There's also somewhat a matter of prestige. Some people will pay the extra 40% to have their Toyota named "Lexus" and more power to them. Your attacks at OP really seem like sour grapes.
he criticizes people who buy highend amps. yet he really wants the highend amps himself.

i buy things because they are GOOD not for the name. i paid 550 bucks for a 225x4 and 3 125x2s. triple darlington output stage. saken BPJ outputs regulated power and output supply. a proven design.

he criticizes people who buy highend amps. yet he really wants the highend amps himself.i buy things because they are GOOD not for the name. i paid 550 bucks for a 225x4 and 3 125x2s. triple darlington output stage. saken BPJ outputs regulated power and output supply. a proven design.
What amp I looking at that’s high end? Ones under $200 ones under $500. That’s not high end pricing. That’s small format and good quality pricing.

I’d really love a pair of the old Italian made BA GT amps. I’d have to rebuild the trunk to fit a pair of 22 inch amps.

It’s hard to find a set in good shape. The later Chinese ones are still selling NOS

^^^THIS!!

Around here; a car interior is a pretty harsh environment. Yes I could probably get the same results with budget amps 'cuz I usually end up with way too much headroom but they rarely worth it in the long run.

@papermaker will post just about anything to slip in something that will boost his own ego and attempt to promote his setup

@papermaker will post just about anything to slip in something that will boost his own ego and attempt to promote his setup
Only thing I want to slip in his my **** in your mama's butt.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Only thing I want to slip in his my **** in your mama's butt.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I must be talking to a 12 year old. I bet the people you work with really like you.

Just because is the only reason. I don’t really want to change the mounting location so only 2 I’d consider fit.

The new Hertz Mille powers but they haven’t released the mono yet. It’s about the same power I have now.

The Zapco studios but the full range is half the power I have now plus some. They did start shipping the 6 channel model and I could bridge to get 2x the power on the mids but it won’t fit my rack.

Or I could just move the rack and get the new PG Ti3s.

I didn’t realize how small the DDs where until I started looking for replacements.

Are you wanting to increase power with your new amps? Or, are you looking to keep with the same power you have, currently?

I was looking at the specs of that M1c and it shows only power (1200 - 1700 watts RMS) on 1 ohm. Since you are running a dual 4 ohm sub with it, I am guessing the amp is recommended for 4 ohms (which one would expect). How much wattage are you getting to the IDQ12v4 from that amp?

Are you wanting to increase power with your new amps? Or, are you looking to keep with the same power you have, currently?
I was looking at the specs of that M1c and it shows only power (1200 - 1700 watts RMS) on 1 ohm. Since you are running a dual 4 ohm sub with it, I am guessing the amp is recommended for 4 ohms (which one would expect). How much wattage are you getting to the IDQ12v4 from that amp?
It’s at 2ohm. No idea how much but it’s enough

As for what power I’m looking for, it don’t really matter. I don’t use what I have now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.