I want more bass. What should I do?

To be honest, I have a very large box for four 8's. I have over 4 cubes net after sub and port displacement. Plus, I have a small cab and 3,000 watts on them. But, two of them in a standard cab on 1,000 watts should get down. I got the VFL's because the mounting depth is about 5-⅜" with a good size magnet (120 oz.). And, they were only $110 each.
After seeing that video, and your recommendations I’m headed to offer up marketplace and craigs to post my subs. If you don’t mind where did you get them or was it during the holidays? Do you have any videos or anything to see them in action?

Those 2 10" MTX Blue Thunders I had on a RF were loud and clear. This was back in '95 so 26 years ago also had boston acoustics 4x6s in the dash and the rear with a Pioneer CD deck and a small RF 4 channel. But cab's have changed since then and last time I did one in a Ford small extended cab it was tough doing 2 10" underneath the rear seat with the subs facing forward.

I would look at the SSA 8", the Sundown 8", the VFL 8" and a couple others. The SSA 8" has been getting great reviews from just about everyone who has had them installed. Tbh all of those sound decent I just won't buy AB anymore after buying these TNT's but the VFL's look like they have the better components in them as well unlike those TNT's. Just stay away from skarbage is all,lol.

Main thing like everyone says get the box right and ported & it should work for what you are looking for.
Thanks for the info and a lot of people recommend skar but after looking at the video and everyone’s recommendations. I think I’ll go after a different brand. The box is where the magic is!

After seeing that video, and your recommendations I’m headed to offer up marketplace and craigs to post my subs. If you don’t mind where did you get them or was it during the holidays? Do you have any videos or anything to see them in action?
Also I looked up the video and he states he has an octo port. What is that?

Also I looked up the video and he states he has an octo port. What is that?

Octoport is fine, just meaning an 8 sided port that saves a little airspace. A simple slot port or an aeroport is all you need. I have a "simple" port and it tears shitt up.

20210506_215230.jpg

So 10’s or 8’s are the better options?
IDK, really the most inflexible issue with those vehicles is that you don't have any way to mount subs that accommodates mounting depth of high excursion subs. You can always shoehorn too much cone area into too small airspace and overcome the loss of efficiency by dumping more power into things but generally the subs that have shallow mounting depth aren't big power handlers.

Best I can tell you is to keep realistic expectations in that type of vehicle and buy something with more cargo area next time if you really have an itch to get loud. You will probably not have as much airspace as you think once everything is put together and mounting depth will be a big limiting factor. Dry fit your box frequently as you go to make sure it's going to fit once it's glued and sealed.

IDK, really the most inflexible issue with those vehicles is that you don't have any way to mount subs that accommodates mounting depth of high excursion subs. You can always shoehorn too much cone area into too small airspace and overcome the loss of efficiency by dumping more power into things but generally the subs that have shallow mounting depth aren't big power handlers.

Best I can tell you is to keep realistic expectations in that type of vehicle and buy something with more cargo area next time if you really have an itch to get loud. You will probably not have as much airspace as you think once everything is put together and mounting depth will be a big limiting factor. Dry fit your box frequently as you go to make sure it's going to fit once it's glued and sealed.
Yea I think I’m definitely going to go with some 8s. When I build the box should I put them next to each other or should I put them on each end of the box?

Octoport is fine, just meaning an 8 sided port that saves a little airspace. A simple slot port or an aeroport is all you need. I have a "simple" port and it tears shitt up.

View attachment 28532
Oh okay, when I build the box should I put them right next to each other or should I put them on each side of the box. Also I was looking at this website and when I put all of the measurements in to calculate the port, which I am planning on using a 3 inch diameter pipe it says that it should be around 5.5 inches long. Does that sound right?

Contact @Buck and pay him for a design. He will ask you for pictures and measurements of the area as well. Along with what 8" and he can also recommend a subwoofer as well. Those programs are not all that great. He has done this professionally and still does it as a living. And he doesn't charge all that much for a design either as it will come with exact cut sheets, dimensions everything you need to do it except the materials, tools and time,lol.

Yea I think I’m definitely going to go with some 8s. When I build the box should I put them next to each other or should I put them on each end of the box?
Next to each other will likely be best, though the difference will probably be inaudible so if you like them on either side for symmetry you'd never notice the difference if you weren't using precision measuring equipment.

Oh okay, when I build the box should I put them right next to each other or should I put them on each side of the box. Also I was looking at this website and when I put all of the measurements in to calculate the port, which I am planning on using a 3 inch diameter pipe it says that it should be around 5.5 inches long. Does that sound right?

Maybe both behind the passengers seat so that you can click the passenger one or two clicks forward if you need to for sub clearance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...