I want more bass. What should I do?

Rayher12

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hey guys so I went from a single cheap 250 watt Jbl sub to 2 250 watts rms kenwood subs. Honestly I liked the Jbl one better but recently I’ve been wanting more bass. I currently have 1000 watt max amp, it does 300 at 4 ohms and 500 at 2 ohms. So I was wondering what should I do to get more bass? Should I get 2 tens and tune the box that they are in or get one single 12 and make a ported box? I don’t want to spend too much money I currently have 8 gauge in my truck it’s a single cab. So a lot of my decision is based on the space I have. Which would be a box about 2.39 cubic feet.

2- 10's if you can get the mounting depth required. Otherwise, two good 8's on a 1,000 watt amp (SFB 1K) in a good ported box. Tune it between 32-35 hz.
Thanks I appreciate it, what subs would you recommend. I know car audio can get expensive but I’m trying to do it on a budget. If I got tens what should I tune it to. As for mounting depth I have about 5.5 inches.

Thanks I appreciate it, what subs would you recommend. I know car audio can get expensive but I’m trying to do it on a budget. If I got tens what should I tune it to. As for mounting depth I have about 5.5 inches.

5-1/2" mounting depth is going to be your drawback. You might want to look at 4- 6-½'s believe it or not. Find an 8" or 6-½" with a 5" or less mounting depth. Behind the seat in a standard cab is a tough situation for big bass. I've heard 4- 6-½'s sound great behind the seat in a standard cab. Otherwise, you need to do a blow through for big bass.

5-1/2" mounting depth is going to be your drawback. You might want to look at 4- 6-½'s believe it or not. Find an 8" or 6-½" with a 5" or less mounting depth. Behind the seat in a standard cab is a tough situation for big bass. I've heard 4- 6-½'s sound great behind the seat in a standard cab. Otherwise, you need to do a blow through for big bass.
I was looking at some of these recently, what do you think?
https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/w10k6d4-v2/

I was looking at some of these recently, what do you think?
https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/w10k6d4-v2/

Two or four of these. You might be able to find them cheaper.

Screenshot_20210505-000409_Chrome.jpg

Okay, thanks I appreciate it! Would my truck be able to handle let’s say 1200 watts rms? what gauge wire would I have to use at that point? My truck is a 2003 Silverado 2500 base model?

I would say 2- 8's on a 1K or 1.5K Sundown SFB amp would light that truck up. 4 gauge wiring would be sufficient. I'm currently running 4- 8's in my standard cab and it hurts peoples feelings.

I would say 2- 8's on a 1K or 1.5K Sundown SFB amp would light that truck up. 4 gauge wiring would be sufficient. I'm currently running 4- 8's in my standard cab and it hurts peoples feelings.
You got people in their feelings lol. So my alternator and battery should be good? What subs are you running?

You got people in their feelings lol. So my alternator and battery should be good? What subs are you running?

I'm running 4- VFL8's in a standard cab Dodge behind the seat in a standard cab Didge on a 3K amp. I'm also running a 320 amp alternator and a 1/0 big three. Standard cabs have a big advantage of a small cabin, but a huge disadvantage of airspace and mounting depth. This is behind my seat. 5 cubes ported at 33hz. and the seats are all the way back. Those are 8's.

20210201_220000.jpg
20210201_172007.jpg

Budget limited, space limited, power limited? I'd say you don't have much room to improve if you're not ready to bend on one of these. Biggest issue really in a pickup truck is space limitations and that they're just not great vehicles to get loud.

Budget limited, space limited, power limited? I'd say you don't have much room to improve if you're not ready to bend on one of these. Biggest issue really in a pickup truck is space limitations and that they're just not great vehicles to get loud.
I am willing to get a more powerful amp and subs. I just want to do it on a budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.