i want 4 LOUD speakers 900.00 budget

Pair of horns, pair or quartet of good midbasses. 25-50W x2 for the horns. 100-200Wx2 for the midbasses. You would be unable to sit in the car at anything approaching max output. It should stage and image well and you won't even notice that you don't have rear speakers. I firmly believe that anyone who thinks that they need 4 speakers to be "enveloped" in sound is basing this opinion on conjecture rather than experience concerning a properly setup and powered front stage.

mids i have- http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=290-400

tweets i have- http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=290-532

i bought mine locally from some ghetto flea market place, they were new though, came out to be cheaper than even ebay prices too.

but ya all the ghetto cruisers down here in florida use em for mids and highs. theres people using 10" eminence for theyre mids and highs. it all depends on the person and how they sound to you.

me, i love it. (for an spl system of course)

and all the ghetto people are concerned with is loud, not SQ. lol

Pair of horns, pair or quartet of good midbasses. 25-50W x2 for the horns. 100-200Wx2 for the midbasses. You would be unable to sit in the car at anything approaching max output. It should stage and image well and you won't even notice that you don't have rear speakers. I firmly believe that anyone who thinks that they need 4 speakers to be "enveloped" in sound is basing this opinion on conjecture rather than experience concerning a properly setup and powered front stage.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

horns are awesome, and yeah 25-50rms to em you WONT turn it all the way up trust me.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif
horns are awesome, and yeah 25-50rms to em you WONT turn it all the way up trust me.
Thanks, im def. gonna try that in about 3 months or so when i trade in my car.

And by the way, its not that i want to be obnoxiously loud 24/7 but theres some times when i'd like to have the extra juice on some old school songs that have weak highs and alot of bass. Also, sometimes when you burn a cd compilation, some of the songs dont come out sounding as loud as on the original cd and they sound like crap even with a good set of components turned all the way up. And my ipod connected to the hu, forget about it, every song sounds like its on half volume. Thats the reason i want much louder, not so i can lose the rest of my hearing by end of the year.

Good to know you want to keep your hearing.. But ya, Horns FTW when going all out. Still wish I had my IDs. Imaging was great and they really do get pretty loud of low power!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.