I wanna get LOUD, help me pick a setup

no one can just tell you this setup will be louder than that setup with out lying. being loud depends on too many variables for some to say yes this or that is louder. but that being said if you go from one 12 on 1000watts to two 12s on 1000watts in a pair of the same boxes you had before you will gain 3db same as just doubling the power to 2000watts on the same single twelve. so double power or double cone area and you gain 3 decibels. but thats in a controlled environment sound room not a car. cars have even more variables that make it even harder to say this or that without actual testing first

Which setups best though?
Can you build a box like Thorshammer (the build-log link)? If you can a pair of mid-level 12's would be great. DD 25 series are known to get very loud off of

TC 3000, DC lv4, Fi BTL, Atomic APX, Sundown Nightshade, SSA X-Con, etc. would all do well with 1500-2000W.

Really if you focus on a good install and stick to high quality gear the brand isn't so important.

Right now the TC Sounds LMS R 12's are on sale at parts express for 250 a pop or so. A killer price for an LMS driver, these things will deliver a ton of output in the low lows.

I'm thinking about doing a BTL theres a youtube vid of a trunk car doing a small hair trick off 1 12", off lower power (like 2k i think)

doubling power rarely gains you 3dB's unless you were using a low powered setup to begin with, as in less than 1/2 RMS. Adding a second sub and splitting power is a pretty sure 3dB gain, unless your box doubling in size really cuts off airflow. If you have room though that's a better choice as it'll sound better and the equipment will last longer. The LMS drivers would be great for a daily vehicle and should get loud and sound excellent. I'd also look at the nightshade as those can sound pretty good and take abuse/get loud.

^^^ I agree with pretty much everything said above. Except I don't think AQ amps are Zenon made, Chinese I believe.
You could also try to flip your box around and seal it off from the trunk.
AQ amps are made in South Korea, we do not deal with Chinese amp builders. You are correct in that we do not use Zenon built amps.

do those get loud? they dont seem like they would, arent they entry level subs?
SSD's perform quite well actually. Have done many setups with them and they certainly get loud given they are put in a nicely designed box and have the correct power going to them. Heres a vid of (2) 12's on roughly 1700rms in a daily box..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.