I think There trying to slap my head.. Please help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slaterbbx

View attachment 26537541

The above picture is of my JBL GT5 - A604

My system has a total of 4 amps and too many wires for me to know what im doing. (Im not very savy with installing systems etc...)

1 day my 4 door speakers that where running off of the JBL GT5 just cut out. I quickly checked the amp / smelled around it etc.. no smell of smoke and the LED on the front was still lit up showing that it was receiving power.

So the following day I took it into a shop to have it tested, (At this point I hadnt opened it yet)

They took it in the back, Supposedly opened it up and looked at it / tested it and then came back. He then said that the inside was completely fried, then said if I got a new one that day he would hook me up with a good deal. I said no, took it home and opened it up..

Inside it literally still looks brand new, No smell / look of fried anything. He also told me the reason that it was fried was because one of my door speakers was starting to go out.. and that this caused some of the power to get sent back to the amp and thats what ruined it..

So today I come to you guys for help, Are they trying to ******** me? Should I have it tested again somewhere else without giving them any backstory?

What you can see in the picture is exactly how everything looks.. Not even any dust inside, The amp was also only about 4 months old at the time it cut out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah it looks like they are trying to BS you. Don't go back there. Why are you running 4 amps? Regardless, you should be able to test this yourself. Hook it up to power, and hook up a DMM to the speaker leads, see if it's giving you power. Also check your voltage at the inputs.

Thanks much for the quick response..

The reason behind the 4 amps is: I have 3 12in 600w RMS cerwin vega subs (Before they sold out) and 3 seperate 600w RMS cerwin vega amps, 1 for each plus the 4 channel for the door speakers.

Also I dont know much about testing etc.. (At all) What is a DMM? EDIT: duh its a multimeter lol

Thanks again for your help, Ill report back what I find. And the name of the shop if its still working properly, just encase anyone local see's this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.