I think Someone Hacked My Account

Participant count
  • Participant list

centergod79
10+ year member

TEAM BEETEM
Every time I open a page on this site, it's asking me to authenticate my user name and password. I do not want to enter it unless I know it's legit. It allows me to just hit cancel and proceed on, but every time I go page to page on this site it pops up. I just want to know if this is legit. If a MOD could help it would be great.

The only login prompt you should see is at the top of the screen. If you manually log out of your account you should see it. If you're getting a pop-up window asking you to log in that sounds like a trojan.

How strange to hack a forum...
Not so much hack a forum, but my account. Has this forum ever ask anyone to authenticate their login and ask you for your user/password with a pop-up screen. It's like someone was trying to get me to enter my user/password so they can get into my account. I'm just saying, if this is legit, then no prob, but if it's not then it's a problem. If the site wanted me to authenticate my log in, why would it let me hit cancel, and still navigate through the site, it should have prevented me to navigate any further. It's not doing it anymore, it popped up about 5-6 times. I never entered the info, because it seemed strange, and I'm still using the forum, how weird is that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.