I think my amp is broken? Help needed!

Participant count
  • Participant list

TeamWagy

Texas
I have a crunch pzi 1500.1 which I know isn't the best amp ever, but I bought it for 15 bucks so I had to use it and I am currently using it with two 12 inch kicker cvr subs dual coil (CVR124) and they were wired at one ohm, although instead of linking them together inside the enclosure, I ran two separate lines to the amp. Today I noticed that my subs weren't bumping and my heart sank. Checked my head unit to see if they were turned on; yep, so I checked my amp and the light wasn't on. I tugged on all of the cables wired to the amp to ensure they were all installed properly; they were. I check my box and one of the terminal cups just wasn't wired. I was very confused because my subs face up and my terminal cups face down, so my box sits on top of the wires. This box does not move around whatsoever so I don't know how it came undone. I also checked all four fuses and they haven't blown. One time before I accidentally unplugged one of my subs and it threw the amp into protection mode, so I turned the truck off and on and it worked fine again. Do I have to do a reset or is this amp fried? Thanks for reading, and please post your responses!!

honestly man the amp isn't worth saving anyway, and no way it's 1 ohm stable.. look at amp like mine ppi p1k $169 but any 750rms 1ohm stable amp would be lots stronger than the crunch anyway.... as far as the wires on bottom of box drill 2 small holes and run wire directly through box to subs better that way..

Sounds like you just have to rewire the subs to the amp again. I noticed you said you were running that amp to 1 ohm. Can it even handle that ohm load?

honestly man the amp isn't worth saving anyway, and no way it's 1 ohm stable.. look at amp like mine ppi p1k $169 but any 750rms 1ohm stable amp would be lots stronger than the crunch anyway.... as far as the wires on bottom of box drill 2 small holes and run wire directly through box to subs better that way..
Wtf?! There you go again....

yeah and peeps rec the cab every time too don't see u yelling at them..
A simple hey the ppi 1k is a decent budget amp. That would be a nice response. But you go in every single thread the ppi amp is the greatest amp ever it does EXACTLY 1162wats rms power at 1ohm... lmao bltch every amp is built alittle different and not going to do the same power. I could go on and on but shlt is getting old fast mr john k junior //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ohsnap.gif.17c4c91be09a7a4a3995fb7145adac39.gif

Well under further investigation, the problem was actually a popped inline fuse. Put another in and I'm back to bumping. Thanks for all who replied even though y'all turned my thread into an argument lol

Well under further investigation, the problem was actually a popped inline fuse. Put another in and I'm back to bumping. Thanks for all who replied even though y'all turned my thread into an argument lol
It's the way it goes on here sometimes. Not any diff if there was an actual argument in person, would it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.