Help with Kenwood KSC-SW11 Powered Subwoofer Wiring Harness

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChannelZ28

Hi guys, first post. Sorry if I give too much detail, I like to be clear, hopefully I am!

I have a Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered subwoofer that is installed with the kenwood wiring harness that comes with it and with the yellow 12V wire running direct to the battery.

I bought a second of the same sub to hook them both together, but this one is used and doesn't have the stock wiring harness. I bought a Kenwood 10-pin connector, which is the same as the stock harness except that each pin just ends in bare wire.

The original harness from Kenwood costs $113. That is not a typo.

The sub isn't getting any power. The blue p-cont wire is connected correctly, but I'm not sure about the yellow. The wiring harness has 2 yellow wires. Do I wire them together and use an extension to bring it to the battery? That's what I tried, but there is no power and I can't figure out why.

I tested this new speaker with the factory harness from the other speaker and it works fine. Just isn't getting any power with the new harness that I bought.

What am I missing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.