I replaced my Kicker L7 Kicker 12'' for this...did I make the right choice?

Nice set up but too big for my SUV. One of the biggest reasons for getting the JL 10'' in this small box is cause it fit nicely. I kinda miss the pounding of my eardrums of the L7 but the quality on the JL is also too good to not appreciate.

Nice set up but too big for my SUV. One of the biggest reasons for getting the JL 10'' in this small box is cause it fit nicely. I kinda miss the pounding of my eardrums of the L7 but the quality on the JL is also too good to not appreciate.
You have an SUV and it won't fit O_O?

I use the 3rd row which limits my space. I only have about 13'' on the bottom and 6'' on top and about 36'' wide.

Yeah some people actually use SUV's to drive people and stuff around.. I know it's a novel concept for you ghetto blasters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Sounds like we've got a new basshead on the block.

Welcome to the dark side, buddy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah some people actually use SUV's to drive people and stuff around.. I know it's a novel concept for you ghetto blasters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
Reason I recently got an '02 Exploder....Fold Flat 3rd Row. I literally got it for tht feature, I'd only hav 2 remove my box if needed. I let go of a '10 Jeep Patriot but FugIt I got double the truck, engine an cabin wise. Sacrifices an Struggles of car audio....SMH

Considering I don't even have any back space in my corvette you might be right o.o

Yeah, I bought this suv because I have 3 kids and need the 3rd row but my L7 took the 3rd row so I had to do something. I ran into this JL and it fit nicely and allows my 3rd row to be folded open so I paid the price and along with the nice fit came some good quality sound. The output is like you all say not quiet there but well see what happens, I am going to Rays electronics in Bloomingdale Illinois and he's gonna tune the amp for me. I should be fully happy once its been tuned. I will be going there in about 2 hours so I will post up my results once completed.

my friend has 2 jl 10s under his seats in a sealed box and the SQ on it is great. Idk if they are w6's but I think they are. I've had a Kicker set up before and the SQ isn't great but the SPL is there. Personally I like the JL setup better.

Just had it tuned and he didn't use a dmm or anything he tuned by ear. It's as clean and clear as could be but very little bass. Not the bass I am used to I should say. I've always had kickers so am used to thunderous bass. I'm gonna make a couple of adjustments of my own and get a little more bass. I'm not sure if I can't transfer over from spl to sq easily. I'm older so maybe it's time I make the switch but I kinda miss the deep deep bass! I think Im gonna lower my mids and hi gains a tad and raise my woofer a tad. That should put me were I need to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had it tuned and he didn't use a dmm or anything he tuned by ear. It's as clean and clear as could be but very little bass. Not the bass I am used to I should say. I've always had kickers so am used to thunderous bass. I'm gonna make a couple of adjustments of my own and get a little more bass. I'm not sure if I can't transfer over from spl to sq easily. I'm older so maybe it's time I make the switch but I kinda miss the deep deep bass! I think Im gonna lower my mids and hi gains a tad and raise my woofer a tad. That should put me were I need to be.
You think kickers have thunderous bass? What amp do you have? It should be plenty of bass in a SUV

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.