i ported my box but the bass isnt as loud now did i do it wrong

i thought it would work that stupid calcualtor site lyed to me it didnt ask for a sub size tho wtf
sub size doesn't matter, all that matters is air space and port area. You have to factor out the sub displacement by yourself, and the port displacement when getting your net air space.

u mean drill holes in the walls that chamber each sub inside the box ?
im sure he was kidding. the box is the base of your sub system. a 1000 dollar sub in a 50$ prefab will sound like 50$. a 50$ sub in a well designed box would get louder and sound better.

the ports in there now are 2inch diameter and 4 inch long maybe if i make them like 9 inched long it will sound right
no. the airspace is far too small for those subs ported. you are under 1 cube after displacing air with a port, which will also throw tuning way above what you think. you cant just put 1 cubic foot in a program and get a port length, because after putting that port in, you are no longer working with 1 cube.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.