I need to make a talking car.

My goal is to have my own driving business with a rather unique feature unlike other transportation modes around me.

I have a friend with a very distinct voice, who I would like to voice the character of my talking vehicle.

Currently waiting for income taxes to come back so I can start my endeavor but before I do, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on the best way to do this.

My plan is to get a set of lights that I can connect on the inside and outside of my car, that will blink slightly when she's talking to give it a realistic feel. I need the audio to work for inside the car while also somehow being able to project the audio outside the car, so I can do skits at gas stations and around town without being in the car necessarily.

My biggest problem is what type of way to connect to the audio, so I can have pre recorded messages that my friend says, with gaps in the middle of the recordings that I have memorized, So it actually sounds like we're having a live back-and-forth chat and also to my clients.

My best idea is to have a small MP3 player hooked up so I can't discreetly change audio to fit the current conversation in the car.

So my question is, what would be the best set of led lights to work inside and out, that is motion activated to the music (or in this case, words) and what would be the best way to run the audio? Something that I can switch to, so I have at least 10 or 15 recorded conversations that I can hopefully switch too with some ease while driving. Or slightly away from vehicle.

Looking to entertain people in a fun new way, any ideas would be most helpful!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.