I need to find an amp for my boofers.. Any suggestions?

Vagomire
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I plan on buying two Orion HCCA 15" subwoofers, I know these will take a LOT of power to move the cones and I could use some advise on a powerful amplifier for them.

I plan on using one amp for each subwoofer.

I can get either the 2-ohm or 4-ohm version of the subwoofer, I don't know which one what (maybe you can make a suggestion about that too)

Also, if I have one extra battery in the trunk for each amplifier, do I need to have any capacitors?

Holy smokes that's an expensive amplifier!Looks pretty decent though.
So wait, did you really expect to spend $1k on subs and only $200 on an amp?

Have you considered the cost of electrical upgrades to run the amp to power those subs? Batteries, alternators, multiple runs of wire...

Not to mention getting rid of all of that shit Kenwood equipment in your signature, since there's no possible way it could keep up with two 15's...

2 Audiopipe 3000's, you can get 2 used on here for less than $500, buy the D4 versions of the subs, put one amp on each sub wired to 2 ohms, call it a day. Or buy soundstream DTR 3400 for under $500 new, buy D2 versions of the subs, wire together at .5 ohms, call it a day. These are your cheapest options.

2 Audiopipe 3000's, you can get 2 used on here for less than $500, buy the D4 versions of the subs, put one amp on each sub wired to 2 ohms, call it a day. Or buy soundstream DTR 3400 for under $500 new, buy D2 versions of the subs, wire together at .5 ohms, call it a day. These are your cheapest options.
I donno how I feel about used equipement though, and I do plan on spending around 400 on each amplifier..

I look both ofg those up though and check em out =]

thanks for the help bro

I donno how I feel about used equipement though, and I do plan on spending around 400 on each amplifier..

I look both ofg those up though and check em out =]

thanks for the help bro

Getting two dual 2ohm subs and this amplifier would probably be the most cost effective route.
Like posted above.. Do you realize that the electrical could cost you an additional 1000$?
Nah brah, a 30 farad Power Acoustik cap and call it a day..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Getting two dual 2ohm subs and this amplifier would probably be the most cost effective route.
Like posted above.. Do you realize that the electrical could cost you an additional 1000$?
Yes of course I realise that.... I'm not that ignorant.

Thanks for the amp suggestion

do you get a discount on rockford fosgate equipment?
No I don't.. Only brands my company can get are powerbass and MTX

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.