I need some help

Participant count
  • Participant list

AsianPerzuasion

I'm new to car audio stuff and this is my first so suggestions would be most helpful //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Car: 1999 Pontiac Grand AM 4 door se

Headunit: KD-A735BT it has 3 Pre-Output Terminals being 4.8V Line (Already installed in the car)

Front speaker: Pioneer TS-A1605C Component speakers (RMS 5-60 watts each) 4 ohms Impedance I'm going to have to mod my doors to fit 6.5 speakers

Rear speaker: JBL GTO938 coaxial (RMS 100 watts each) 2 ohms Impedance (Already bought)

Amp: Pioneer GM-D8604 4 channel

|4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan|

|2 ohms: 150 watts x 4 chan|

Pioneer GM-D8604 600W RMS Class D 4-Channel Car Amplifier

Questions:

1. Is this a good setup for the price? Just looking for some good sq nothing extreme.

2. I understand that the amps power line and remote line stays on one side of the car and the RCA stays on the other side because of interference. So which side do I wire my speaker wire? Not sure if the speaker wire will be affected by the powerline side or will the speaker wire affect the RCA side.

3. Can I have some recommendations on speaker wires and RCAs? sizings and brands for the speakers.

4. Is this amp alright? I live in the sun belt region so it gets hot here during the summer so I guess I should buy a class D amp? Can't spend more than $160 on an amp if there are going to be any suggestions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The amp is fine and I've run speaker wire next to rcas and power wire with no problem for years. Long as the power wire is seperate from the RCA you should be fine. The front door speakers are ok but for a lil bit more money u can get the 6.5 d-series components from pioneer and enjoy a nice boost in sq.

The amp shouldn't get too hot as long as your voltage stays up.

Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables is a great place for amp kits, wire, rcas, etc

I like the kord speaker wire 16g would be plenty big enough and I run karma rcas but I've had good luck with the cheaper rcas as well.

According to Online car stereo.com

Speaker Specifications

Front Speaker: 4X6 - Depth is 2.5 inches

Front Tweeter: 1.5 - Depth is 2 inches

Rear Speaker: 6X9 - Depth is 4 inches

So that means I can fit Pioneers 6.5 d-series components without it interfering the window?

The amp is fine and I've run speaker wire next to rcas and power wire with no problem for years. Long as the power wire is seperate from the RCA you should be fine. The front door speakers are ok but for a lil bit more money u can get the 6.5 d-series components from pioneer and enjoy a nice boost in sq.
The amp shouldn't get too hot as long as your voltage stays up.

Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables is a great place for amp kits, wire, rcas, etc

I like the kord speaker wire 16g would be plenty big enough and I run karma rcas but I've had good luck with the cheaper rcas as well.
For my AMP can I get (KCA Kable 4 Gauge Ultra Fleks Blue CCA Power / Ground Cable) or should I buy the (Kolossus Fleks Kable 4 Gauge Black Power/Ground Wire) I know its a CCA vs OFC but do I really need the OFC for my system? Any money I can save the better just want to know if its worth the extra money

For my AMP can I get (KCA Kable 4 Gauge Ultra Fleks Blue CCA Power / Ground Cable) or should I buy the (Kolossus Fleks Kable 4 Gauge Black Power/Ground Wire) I know its a CCA vs OFC but do I really need the OFC for my system? Any money I can save the better just want to know if its worth the extra money
The kca is fine for just that amp. If you wanted to add a small bass amp the kolossus is better because you can split the wire for two amps with up to a 150amp combined draw whereas the kca is only good for 80amps max. Which two kca kits are better and cheaper than 1 colossus kit but the collossus is less wire to deal with and better wire over all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.