• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I am trying to run 2 Fosgate HE2 12' subs.

I haven't bought an amp yet. Thats what I would like to ask aobut.

400W rms

800W MAX

Dual voice coil 4Ohms

The guy at best buy suggested a fosgate 1000.1. I am trying to keep the amp under $400.

i have 2 he2's and i just bought a 800.2, havent heard it out yet, since my car is in the body shop getting my body kit put on. i thought about a 1000.1 too, but that amp only puts out 1000 watts at 2 ohms, and imma run my setup at a 4 ohm load.

Won't the 800.2 run the HE2s at minimum power?

If I put more into them would it ruin the clarity?

you can get the bd1000.1 at cbrstereo.com for 380. it will give you more power than the 800.2 and probably put less of a strain on your charging system since its a class d

I had the 12 dvc and the power 1100a2 and it ripped the **** out of them probably because fosgate still hasn't figured out that they should focus on making amps and leave the speakers part and h/u and stuff like that out of the picture. if you are willing to spend that little bit more money that class d 1000 amp is nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.