I need new 6-1/2" speakers mb componets any suggestions??

gus738
10+ year member

hey everyone well im getting ready to upgrade my 06 honda civic ex 2dr couple and i was wondering what are the best i can get for a reasonable price ??? i could careless about brands but lately i was looking at the fellowing ,

* Polk Audio MMC6500

* Polk Audio db6500

* kicker SS65.2

the db componet seem to have a better specs minus the 25-50 watts rms compared to the mmc6500

while the kicker seems to be more "branded" then what it actually does , can i please have everyones opinion ohh and are componets really worth more then coax spkrs???? or just a lil diffrense?

if you are hurting for cash go with the db if you have the money get the momos. Components offer something that coaxials cant really do and thats get the right imaging by moving around the tweeter. After you have a front set of components you will never get coaxials in the front again. Now for the rear just leave coaxials for fill if anything at all.

hey everyone well im getting ready to upgrade my 06 honda civic ex 2dr couple and i was wondering what are the best i can get for a reasonable price ??? i could careless about brands but lately i was looking at the fellowing ,
* Polk Audio MMC6500

* Polk Audio db6500

* kicker SS65.2

the db componet seem to have a better specs minus the 25-50 watts rms compared to the mmc6500

while the kicker seems to be more "branded" then what it actually does , can i please have everyones opinion ohh and are componets really worth more then coax spkrs???? or just a lil diffrense?
i will name off a few others if you give me a price range to work with:D

I say the momos. Ive been a Polk fan for years, and the db sound good for their price, but the Momos sound alot better. Alot more detal and clarity at low and high volumes.

so their is a noticeable diffrense between MMC and DB? what about alpine type SPX? ohh and mike what others do you have in mind? Thanks guys this is a great forum

Sorry forgot about this thread, I have owned both and the DBs are good for the price and have good clarity and suprising punch. However, the MMC have much better clarity at high volume. For the price of the DBs, their are better options out there. I dont have any exp with the alpines though.

so their is a noticeable diffrense between MMC and DB? what about alpine type SPX? ohh and mike what others do you have in mind? Thanks guys this is a great forum
Yes, noticeable difference between the two Polk sets when installed correctly.

As for the SPX's, I run them and they are fabulous speakers. Feed them about 80-100W rms per side and they will sing with disctinction. Not *loud* per-se, just crystal clear.

If you are looking for a more aggressive midbass, go with the Momo's. If you are looking for uncomprimised clarity, go with the SPX's.

The Rainbow SLC's should also be on your list for possibilities.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.