I Need Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lewbrah485
10+ year member

hey all, i'm putting some subwoofers into my car and am buying a new head unit but my grandma wants to keep a tape deck in her car at the moment. I was lookin at some double din cd/tape combos and came across a problem. They all say that they have 2 sets of preamp outlets but they also say that they don't have subwoofer outlets. My question is, can i still hook up my subwoofers to this kind of unit or do i need to convince her to just let me get a cd player????

P.S. What is the difference between 2 sets of preamp outlets and subwoofer outlets and here is the receiver i was lookin at, can i add my subs w/ this???

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-ro9LO9Rf4Pi/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=52600&I=570WDX500M&o=m&a=1

Sub pre outs just means that the RCA jack is specifically designed for sub woofer use (limited frequency I believe). An HU with sub pre outs usually means that it has some sort of crossover within the deck. All other RCA outs are full range and can be used for subs, mids, highs. You would just need an external x-over for the subs (just about every amp already has a x-over).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.