I need help with Apline Head unit

tasmisr

MI
Hi everyone,,

this is a very newbie question, I have an Alpine CD Player (3 cd in-dash changer).

I want to take the head unit out in order to change a guage..I tried to take this thing out by knifes and pry tools but it's doesn't come out.. How do u guys do that? is there some tools I should buy?

The model number is 3DE-7886S

thanks.

YES THERE IS. Go to a dealer in your area that sells alpine and see if he will let you barrow the removal tool for a few min. Take it out and there you go. DO NOT PRY on it or you will break it. If you bought the radio new you should have gotten the tool in the box. If you bought it and they installed it they did not give you your tools back.

Sorry. If they installed the HU they may have put the support strap on in the back of the HU. if they did, you may have to take your whole dash out to get it off.

YES THERE IS. Go to a dealer in your area that sells alpine
Is there a list fo Alpine dealrs by zip code or something?

I bought the car with that thing installed. It's just frustrating...

yes there should be on the net or Im sure that a local shop more than likely carries alpine..just give a couple of the shops a call...and ask...should be no problem at all...unless they did place a starp on...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.