I need help matching amp to my subwoofer in the car

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay I will make the change and try to do everything I can to avoid the rattle thank you for helping me out and not going out spending money on another amp I already spent more than $700 installing everything and getting the sub excluding the jeep. I think it's time keep my money but thank you I does sound better in the trunk just rattle noise needs to go. Thank you again and hope you have a good thanks giving.

It's okay just the main question is will a 1000w amp and a 1500w amp have any difference with a 400w rms sub?
i dont think your problem is the amp... if the amp runed the alpine ok it sound run this kenwood to...

i found the user manual for your sub and they say your recomended ported box is a slotported box with 2cft they are being expecific with the type of port dont why...maybe the sub only works fine with slot port?

link to user manual and all the info u need to see if o have the right box

https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/267-4356-kenwood-kfc-w3013ps-manual.pdf

rz11500d.jpg

speaker-box-with-kenwood-12-subwoofers-1_18122015153213929945.jpg

I am sorry I am at work right now. This is exactly what it looks like though.

yes sub in trunk facing rear and yes we all have rattles (my spoiler is probably close to snapping bolts) u can use some mat will help but many times biggest problem is l. plate rattle thats easy to fix.. that amp may have similar guts to the ppi ion 1000 if so it may not be a bad amp if sub is svc 4ohm then it may do 550rms plenty power for that sub anyway..

So you are saying put it in the trunk that will make it sound better? How do you guys cope with the rattle noise? It's irritating. I admit it sounds a lot better in the trunk but just the rattle noise makes me regret spending so much money on this crap.

So you are saying put it in the trunk that will make it sound better? How do you guys cope with the rattle noise? It's irritating. I admit it sounds a lot better in the trunk but just the rattle noise makes me regret spending so much money on this crap.
Yup, sub belongs in the trunk. And hate to admit it but Gramps right. Sound deadening the entire trunk and esp that rattle you keep bringing up. Trunks are notorious for rattles.

if l plate is bad u can even stick a piece of 85 cent floor tile or foam what ever u got under it works well.. copy the link in my sig that says fu destroying spoiler see if yours is that bad..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.