I need help choosing subwoofers

BassIsGrace
10+ year member

In January(tax time) im getting a set of 12's.upgrading from 1 american bass xfl 15.my budget will be $400-450.my friend is gunna build me a custom ported box built to spec and probably a amp rack so $150 will go towards that.so theres $300 left for subs.I was thinking maybe some c2 audio threatcon 2's.the new american bass rx's.or some sundown e series v2's.I my amp is a hifonics gladiator 1400(cea compliant) and I have stock electric so at 2 and 1ohm im only seeing like 8-900rms.im getting a new car so.i'll upgrade to knukonceptz 0 gauge and get a new alt in the future.I listen to rap(decaf).reggae.r&b.and some pop so I want 12's that can get like 28hz low but that can play higher notes too.any suggestions?

I would but I blew my 15 cause I had the bass eq on my amp up to high.rookie mistake om my part.will never happen again.gain was set fine
Hell, Ive been guilty on several accounts..LOL..Lessons Learned..especially when it cost ya

Was in a ground shaker ported box.3.77cubes before sub displacement.tuned really high I suppose.like 40-45hz.sub couldn't hit anything below like 30hz to well I think.sounded good on young jeezy songs like trap or die and 24 23.didn't hit low bass on hypnotize.was in a rush for bass so I settled for a prefab box.big mistake

Was in a ground shaker ported box.3.77cubes before sub displacement.tuned really high I suppose.like 40-45hz.sub couldn't hit anything below like 30hz to well I think.sounded good on young jeezy songs like trap or die and 24 23.didn't hit low bass on hypnotize.was in a rush for bass so I settled for a prefab box.big mistake
Prefab... There's your problem!

If had a custom box made tuned to like 32 hz and 5cubes I wouldn't have had to use bass eq cause the low end would have been there.its cause the prefab box was giving enough output

Yeah I could do that but I have stock electrical.I have a stock 130amp alt.and it would take me a while before I could get a high output alt.and batts.next thing on my list is to upgrade to knukonceptz 0 gauge and do the big 3.unless I just run them on half power until I get a beefier amp.like a sound stream tarantula 2000.they do rated power.and upgrade my electrical

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.