I need advice/help!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Elliottcottrell

CarAudio.com Newbie
okay so my 2014 Nissan Sentra it comes stock with a 110 amp alternator. i want to put a high output alternator into it in place of the stock alternator, i have done the big 3 and i have 1/0 wire running to the back of my car in the trunk with a 2 farad cap. the problem i am running into now is there is a 110 amp fuse that is on my positive terminal of the battery under the hood that i am unsure will be able to take anything more then 110 amps from the alternator i want to put in it. i need help on what to do!

Your big 3 is incorrect. You're supposed to by-pass the stock alt to battery wiring. Get a AGM battery and ditch that cap.

the positive battery terminal has a inline fuse that you can't bypass because there are five or take 10 wires coming out of the fuse from the positive terminal

i don't have a fuse going from the alternator to the battery, the fuse that i am talking about is the fuse coming off of the positive terminal of the battery post not from the alternator. it is a stock positive battery fuse

Attachments

• C47D9B2D-A5E0-4FE3-92D0-E993FC782261.jpeg
    C47D9B2D-A5E0-4FE3-92D0-E993FC782261.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 64
I thought you had a 110a fuse on your stock alt wire. You can do it from your alt or at the battery it doesn't matter. Your factory fuses will be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...