I need advice/help!

Elliottcottrell

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 4, 2021
tennessee
okay so my 2014 Nissan Sentra it comes stock with a 110 amp alternator. i want to put a high output alternator into it in place of the stock alternator, i have done the big 3 and i have 1/0 wire running to the back of my car in the trunk with a 2 farad cap. the problem i am running into now is there is a 110 amp fuse that is on my positive terminal of the battery under the hood that i am unsure will be able to take anything more then 110 amps from the alternator i want to put in it. i need help on what to do!

marc2112

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 12, 2012
Montreal, Qc
Your big 3 is incorrect. You're supposed to by-pass the stock alt to battery wiring. Get a AGM battery and ditch that cap.

Elliottcottrell

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 4, 2021
tennessee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
so your saying for me to get a agm battery and just run straight from the alternator to the agm in the trunk?

Elliottcottrell

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 4, 2021
tennessee
the positive battery terminal has a inline fuse that you can't bypass because there are five or take 10 wires coming out of the fuse from the positive terminal

marc2112

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 12, 2012
Montreal, Qc
I thought you had a 110a fuse on your stock alt wire. You can do it from your alt or at the battery it doesn't matter. Your factory fuses will be fine.

Elliottcottrell

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 4, 2021
tennessee
okay so i can put a HO alternator in place of my stock alt and the 110 amp positive battery terminal fuse going to stock wiring will still be fine?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds