Which Would You Choose

Out of these component sets, which would you choose?

The choices are:

- CT Sounds Strato 6.5" component set

- Skar Audio SK65C 6.5" component set

- NVX VSP65KIT 6.5" component set

I know a lot of people here prefer to go active but unfortunately I'm not proficient enough to go active. Also, I currently have the NVX VSP65KIT but I want to hear your thoughts on the other speakers compared to the NVX. I'm thinking of replacing my wife's front speakers.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input @LosIsATool. Just debating on whether I should pull the trigger and replace my wife's speakers. She currently has some Pioneer coaxials in the front doors of her Sequoia. I currently have the NVX 6.5" components installed in my 4runner and I like them but just wanting to see what other people's thoughts are to those speakers I listed. Not trying to go overboard and spend over $100+ on component speakers, but maybe something a tad bit better than what she has currently installed. Also, the doors have been deadened but that's about it. She's not trying to shake her vehicle but I do want just a tad bit more mid bass in her front doors.

It would help to know what year, make, and model of your wife's car. Also, what system does she have in it, already?
She's got a 2005 Sequoia. All her stock JBL speakers, amp and radio have been replaced w/ a Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS, RF Prime R300x4, 6.5" Pioneer coaxials for both front and rear doors (can't remember the model number) along w/ some Pioneer tweeters in the sail panels. And she has a NVX underseat subwoofer (I know they're cr*p but the wife didn't want a box w/ a sub in the back of the Sequoia and she's not really into the whole shake the car deal). Again, debating if I should pull the trigger and replace it w/ one of the listed component sets or should I just stick w/ what she has.

She's got a 2005 Sequoia. All her stock JBL speakers, amp and radio have been replaced w/ a Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS, RF Prime R300x4, 6.5" Pioneer coaxials for both front and rear doors (can't remember the model number) along w/ some Pioneer tweeters in the sail panels. And she has a NVX underseat subwoofer (I know they're cr*p but the wife didn't want a box w/ a sub in the back of the Sequoia and she's not really into the whole shake the car deal). Again, debating if I should pull the trigger and replace it w/ one of the listed component sets or should I just stick w/ what she has.

Well, you have me a little confused and a little baffled as to how to reply to your statement, here. You state you have coaxials in the front doors AND tweeters in the sail panels. If that is the case, that must really wreck havoc with your imaging. In addition, I am guessing your are using the crossovers in the head unit for the tweeters in the sail panels. If you are doing that, you have already started to go a little "active". But, if you are doing that, I am not sure how that would affect the tweeters in the coaxials. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can chime in here, about this.

Now, if the Pioneer drivers in the doors are straight midbass drivers and not coaxials, then that would clear up a lot of things. I, personally, am not a big fan of Skar or CT Sounds. But, many people on this forum are and maybe they will enlighten you with their experience. NVX is a pretty decent company with great value equipment. If you like the sound in your vehicle, maybe go with them. Another suggestion...Polk Audio DB6501. I think they are discontinued, but you can still get them on Amazon for a pretty decent price.

Well, now that I think about it, if you are going to replace all the speakers up front, it doesn't really matter what you had. It only matters with what you are replacing them.

One other option: Instead of replacing the speakers, maybe sound deaden the doors. You should always do this, anyhow, when replacing speakers, if not already done.

Out of these component sets, which would you choose?
The choices are:

- CT Sounds Strato 6.5" component set

- Skar Audio SK65C 6.5" component set

- NVX VSP65KIT 6.5" component set

I know a lot of people here prefer to go active but unfortunately I'm not proficient enough to go active. Also, I currently have the NVX VSP65KIT but I want to hear your thoughts on the other speakers compared to the NVX. I'm thinking of replacing my wife's front speakers.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote sorry didn't see others had posted already and ask what i did.. i like ct sounds but the skar speakers do look good for price haven't looked ta nvx but maybe good subs are..

the skar look better than ct but i like the nvx better.. probably pretty close are u gonna amp these? if not just get scar coax if u gonna get amp and small sub then put $ there..

Well, you have me a little confused and a little baffled as to how to reply to your statement, here. You state you have coaxials in the front doors AND tweeters in the sail panels. If that is the case, that must really wreck havoc with your imaging. In addition, I am guessing your are using the crossovers in the head unit for the tweeters in the sail panels. If you are doing that, you have already started to go a little "active". But, if you are doing that, I am not sure how that would affect the tweeters in the coaxials. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can chime in here, about this.
That's correct. I have coaxials in the doors and tweeters in the sail panels. That's what was installed in my wife's vehicle when I went to the shop. As far as going active, I'm not to sure since I didn't tune the stereo. The shop tuned my wife's new stereo. I don't want to go back to that shop since all they've done is give me headaches after the install was done. But that's neither here nor there. That's a whole different monster I have to deal with.

Now, if the Pioneer drivers in the doors are straight midbass drivers and not coaxials, then that would clear up a lot of things. I, personally, am not a big fan of Skar or CT Sounds. But, many people on this forum are and maybe they will enlighten you with their experience. NVX is a pretty decent company with great value equipment. If you like the sound in your vehicle, maybe go with them. Another suggestion...Polk Audio DB6501. I think they are discontinued, but you can still get them on Amazon for a pretty decent price.
Well, now that I think about it, if you are going to replace all the speakers up front, it doesn't really matter what you had. It only matters with what you are replacing them.

One other option: Instead of replacing the speakers, maybe sound deaden the doors. You should always do this, anyhow, when replacing speakers, if not already done.
They're coaxial speakers and I'm 100% sure because I've already sound deadened all 4 doors. And I'm very happy w/ the NVX I have installed in my vehicle. Just trying to see other peoples thoughts on Skar and CT Sounds products as compared to the NVX I have installed.

the skar look better than ct but i like the nvx better.. probably pretty close are u gonna amp these? if not just get scar coax if u gonna get amp and small sub then put $ there..
Yeah I'm gonna amp the speakers. The speakers that's currently installed in my wife's vehicle is powered by a RF Prime R300x4. As far as a sub, I already purchased an underseat sub w/ a built in amp from NVX and is installed under the driver's seat. She doesn't want a sub box taking up space in the rear cargo hold so this was the next best thing. She (or should I say, me) wanted something w/ a little bit of bass to complement the rest of her system. She doesn't really want a car shaker since this is the family vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.