I Need a Line Driver (i think) Hifonics 1606d

Participant count
  • Participant list

funkyab
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey all,

im pretty sure i need a line driver.

The amp in question is a new Hifonics bxi1606d that I just installed. I have read on the forum that other people have had issues with the imput sensitivity of this amp.

My rca runs to this particular amp are appx. 40 feet. To get my subs barely moving,, i am having to turn up my HU almost all the way and the gain on the amp near the top. This is of course not right. All of my other amps get going at around 1/8 of total volume.

Where can i find a good, reasonably priced line driver, just for this amp??

Any other input???

by "near the top" you mean near .2, right?What subs are you running? Are they DVC's? 2 ohms/4 ohms, something else?

How are they wired?
yes,, that is what i mean. To the highest imput sensitivity.

2x dvc. 1 ohm load on the amp.

i have been looking at different drivers.. When it says for example output of 4.5v is that on top of the existing voltage, or total.

here are a couple i have looked at,, in my price range. Let me know any opinions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Acoustik-Electronic-Bass-Line-Driver-Car-Mobile_W0QQitemZ260106670699QQihZ016QQcategoryZ79840QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Performance-Electronic-Bass-Line-Driver-Car-Mobile_W0QQitemZ260106670783QQihZ016QQcategoryZ79840QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-Audio-Turbo-1-Line-Driver_W0QQitemZ190123833250QQihZ009QQcategoryZ50552QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know much about LD's, but I'm almost certain it would be 4.5v total.
What head unit are you using?

Something isn't right.
indeed,,, something does not seem right. My head unit is a 2007 sony (i know i know,, but the way the boat is wired with remotes,,, had to stay with the brand)

http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/headunits/CDX-GT81UW

says that all the preouts are 4volt,, which should be totally sufficient.

What could the problem be,,, it is not right for me to be turning the gain to maxium sensitivity, the head unit all the way up,, and the amp is not really moving the subs the way it should.....

Hmmmmmmm.........

My head unit is a 2007 sony (i know i know,, but the way the boat is wired with remotes,,, had to stay with the brand)
says that all the preouts are 4volt,, which should be totally sufficient.

What could the problem be,,,

Hmmmmmmm.........
Don't sweat it - I'm not a Sony basher, and I think their HU's are probably their best products. I put one in my nehpew's car about a year ago - nothing but good reports.

The obvious would be the hu's sub volume. You've triple checked that already, right? Same with the sub crossover?

EQ's set flat, or at least not all low cut?

yea,,, i turned the sub volume all the way up,,, and left the x-over on the HU open, using only the amp x-over...

I ordered a line driver and will see if it helps.. Ill throw on a test tone later today and see what exact voltage i am getting at my RCAs at the amp.

Frustrating!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.