I need a 5 Channel Amp comparable to the Hifonics Brutus BRX5000.5

Also I just want a nice clean amp and if the Hifonics isn't nice and clean for my Hi's I don't want something comparable to my older amps I grew up with like Boss, Pyle, stuff like that where manufacturers overrate their amps lol

Also I just want a nice clean amp and if the Hifonics isn't nice and clean for my Hi's I don't want something comparable to my older amps I grew up with like Boss, Pyle, stuff like that where manufacturers overrate their amps lol
memphis and ground zero 5 channels are top notch a couple leagues above soundstream and hifonics, you'll notice a big quality jump.

memphis and ground zero 5 channels are top notch a couple leagues above soundstream and hifonics, you'll notice a big quality jump.
but would you say the hi fonics is a decent, clean amp? One that won't distort my hi's

how would you compare or rate hifonics vs soundstream (picasso maybe)?

In reference to subs, I wonder how speakers like the kicker solobarics whom guys on the forum say aren't in the same league as the Sundown Audio E series, how are the sundowns that much cheaper in pricing . I mean the sundowns i saw for about 120 bucks at most a piece for 10's while the solobarics are around almost 300 a piece?

but would you say the hi fonics is a decent, clean amp? One that won't distort my hi's
how would you compare or rate hifonics vs soundstream (picasso maybe)?
hifonics is okay but its comparing it to memphis and ground zero is like a nissan sentra to a BMW.

For 300 dollars, you can get a a crazy woofer that will sh*t all over a PAIR of solo barics.

they are okay but its comparing a nissan sentra to a BMW.
For 300 dollars, you can get a a crazy woofer that will sh*t all over a PAIR of solo barics.
wowwwww

were you the one that told me about the sundown audio E series speakers?

In reference to subs, I wonder how speakers like the kicker solobarics whom guys on the forum say aren't in the same league as the Sundown Audio E series, how are the sundowns that much cheaper in pricing . I mean the sundowns i saw for about 120 bucks at most a piece for 10's while the solobarics are around almost 300 a piece?

wowwwww
were you the one that told me about the sundown audio E series speakers?

They dont ride on a reputation. Kicker built a name for themselves waaay back in the 90s. However nowadays they start using cheaper and cheaper parts on their woofers (amps are still good) basically just riding on their name and marketing. Most L7s wont handle much more power than rated without melting down. If you want to spend the money for looks then go ahead man. This forum is all for performance, and sundown audio continually is the leading research and development underground brand that continually improves their product line.

For 1000 watts, there are other options to the sundown E, there is SSA Dcon, Incriminator audio flatline, shok industries triton, incriminator flatlyne, sundown SA series, C2 audio threatcon. All are amazing sounding subs for the price.

FYI, nissan sentras are better than bikes and scooters which = boss pyle lanzar pyramid etc..

They dont ride on a reputation. Kicker built a name for themselves waaay back in the 90s. However nowadays they start using cheaper and cheaper parts on their woofers (amps are still good) basically just riding on their name and marketing. Most L7s wont handle much more power than rated without melting down. If you want to spend the money for looks then go ahead man. This forum is all for performance, and sundown audio continually is the leading research and development underground brand that continually improves their product line.
For 1000 watts, there are other options to the sundown E, there is SSA Dcon, Incriminator audio flatline, shok industries triton, incriminator flatlyne, sundown SA series, C2 audio threatcon. All are amazing sounding subs for the price.

FYI, nissan sentras are better than bikes and scooters which = boss pyle lanzar pyramid etc..
gotcha gotcha. No I was just wondering how Kicker could sell their products for so much more and Sundown sell theirs for so much less being today you know its all about the money and seems if someone has a quality product they would try and make the most they can lol. Judging how things are today, it seems most companies try and rip people off so to see or know that sundown has a good product and that speaker to be able to get it for 120 bucks for the 10 is amazing. Yes I guess as long as kicker subs are still selling at an amazing rate the price will stay up. I always liked kicker but unless I get a good warranty, like maybe 7 yrs or so, hell maybe even 5, i'd much rather spend much less money and get a better speaker.

I used the solobarics in my last post and i know they have always been expensive, but i used them as an example because yrs and yrs ago maybe sometime around maybe 04 or so, i went to a shop and they had a box built with 2 10 inch solo's in there and the guy told me take them home and see how i liked them. I was amazed at how good they sound on my Orion 225 HCCA @ 1 ohm (400 w) total. But yeah not those same speakers might not be as good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

that hifonics amp is out of stock anyway and i emailed the guy on ebay to see if he would get anymore in. And also that memphis link on ebay is a bidding item and not even sure if that's the only one or not. The guy who emailed me on that said they don't sell outright. So basically i may need another option for an amp, 5 channel without breaking the bank //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok guys 95 mustang and I took out the mach 460 box today. It came with 6x8's in there. Back in 97 I had mb quarts 5 1/4s installed but they havent played in yrs and yrs. One is blown possibly both. I am comtemplating on rather to just use 5x7s or go with 6x9s as I always wanted them. I am going to go with 6 1/2s in the front doors and also 2 10 inch subs in trunk. I have 2 kenwood 's 6x8s front doors now and if i stuck with 6x8s I might just use those since i have them. For the 6x9s there will be some modding needed and i took some snips and cut just a piece of the metal and it wasn't bad to cut though had to cut from inside trunk or back of car inside laying on my back.

I would probably have to modify both the metal as well as the hole in the box so that the speakers will fit snug in the box and all of the speaker will actually fit inside the box that's providing I mount the speaker from the top of deck first then put box in. If I just mod the box for the speaker and mount the speaker in box first then mount the box that could work also only thing is there is limited space to mod the box for the speaker to sit in box and actually be screwed into the box. There is a lip but by the time I trim it really doesn't look like much room to have to secure the speaker to the box if any. Going with the top mount of the speaker secured to the metal might be my best option in that regard. If I went with the top mount securing the speakers from inside of trunk to the top is the easiest way as with my rear window, it's impossible to get a screwdriver in to lock down the speaker but I can run screws from the bottom to the top and put a nut on them.

The main question is is there a huge, night and day difference between 5x7's and 6x9's? I will go with kicker 6x9's by the way if i went with 6x9s.

And would I even notice the lows of the Hi's with having 10s? I did like the feature of my defeat of the sub with using my cadence preamp eq but guys here told me not to use it any longer as it introduces distortion. And using a 5 channel amp I probably wont even be able to defeat the sub via a remote gain??? If I were, i could defeat the sub sometimes to hear how the Hi's sound without adjusting it in the radio

Just reading up i might can get 6 1/2's for rear as well since it appears the ovals suffer high end distortion but since i have the 5x7s i might not worry about it. As you can see back in 97 they used baffles to fill in the space for the 5 1/4's and would using those for the 6 1/2's be a good idea if i went 6 1/2's vs 6x9s?

UPON EDIT it appears i have 6x8's actually and that's what came in there. So 6x8, 6x9, or 6 1/2's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.