Rockford lying about RMS output?

nowhere
10+ year member

Hey guys, so I was looking into the Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP. Now, everyone knows that Rockford claims it does 1500watts 1-2 ohms and 1000watts at 4ohms. Well I was looking at a birthsheet today, and saw that it does, 1900watts at 1ohm, 1200watts at 2ohm, and 700wats at 4ohms. So does this constitute as false advertisement? I don't expect the amp to push out 1900watts at 2ohms, but shouldn't it at least push 1500 for 2ohm and 1000 for 4ohm.

I was just curious about this. Since every company that claims constant power at certain ohms, pushes that amount and verified by the birthsheet. I know the Rockford is underrated at 1ohm, but misleading for the people that wants to use a 2ohm or 4ohm load.

What do you guys think about this?

Not sure why RF put down 1500x1 @ 1ohm, 1500x1 @ 2ohn, 1000x1 @ 4ohms. But I'd be **** happy with 1900x1@1ohm for a 1500w amp. Why would anybody buy a mono amp and strictly use it as a 4ohm amp?

Not sure why RF put down 1500x1 @ 1ohm, 1500x1 @ 2ohn, 1000x1 @ 4ohms. But I'd be **** happy with 1900x1@1ohm for a 1500w amp. Why would anybody buy a mono amp and strictly use it as a 4ohm amp?
For one if gives you versatility to switch subs and have more power later at a different dc resistance. If I had a single 4 ohm old school subwoofer that could handle 1k@ 4 ohms and I seen someone advertise it then it'd likely make me buy it more over another brand that didn't let me know at all. Not everyone wants to run their **** at 1ohm or lower.

That birth sheet is a dynamic test by the way. Its a soft clip output which any decent amp will gain 10-15% power. Its a marketing thing, also notice the frequency they make power.

For one if gives you versatility to switch subs and have more power later at a different dc resistance. If I had a single 4 ohm old school subwoofer that could handle 1k@ 4 ohms and I seen someone advertise it then it'd likely make me buy it more over another brand that didn't let me know at all. Not everyone wants to run their **** at 1ohm or lower.
Exactly, everyone has their reason to run whatever sub they have at a certain ohm to they want. That's why I was surprised to see that rockford didn't make sure that ever amp went out with at least the rated rms.

That birth sheet is a dynamic test by the way. Its a soft clip output which any decent amp will gain 10-15% power. Its a marketing thing, also notice the frequency they make power.
So givin that fact, its overly underrated at 2 and 4ohms, for that particular amp that I saw. I know every amp isn't a carbon copy of each other, thats why companies send a copy of the birthsheets with their amps. But to be that much off from the actual advertising power, is astonishing to me. This is Rockford's flag ship line, that we are talking about.

On Rockford's website, it does state the dynamic power that the amp might push out.

Exactly, everyone has their reason to run whatever sub they have at a certain ohm to they want. That's why I was surprised to see that rockford didn't make sure that ever amp went out with at least the rated rms.

So givin that fact, its overly underrated at 2 and 4ohms, for that particular amp that I saw. I know every amp isn't a carbon copy of each other, thats why companies send a copy of the birthsheets with their amps. But to be that much off from the actual advertising power, is astonishing to me. This is Rockford's flag ship line, that we are talking about.

On Rockford's website, it does state the dynamic power that the amp might push out.
You have to think about who their competition is. Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, and Kicker. Now think about the people that buy in that market, you before today.

You have to think about who their competition is. Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, and Kicker. Now think about the people that buy in that market, you before today.
Rockford has strayed far away from what made them who they are now. I guess, I was expecting more from them, even when they have went mainstream. I mean, look at JL. Yes, there are people hating on them, mainly do to price, but nobody can say they don't make quality products that they stand by.

I was doing some research for a friend that wanted an install, and he ask me about this amp. I'm all about the small purist brands, in whatever hobby that i'm into, even though I am running JL HD's right now. If the other companies would have met my requirements, than I would have went with them.

Yes, it was the BDCP series of amps that I saw.

Rockford has strayed far away from what made them who they are now. I guess, I was expecting more from them, even when they have went mainstream. I mean, look at JL. Yes, there are people hating on them, mainly do to price, but nobody can say they don't make quality products that they stand by.
I was doing some research for a friend that wanted an install, and he ask me about this amp. I'm all about the small purist brands, in whatever hobby that i'm into, even though I am running JL HD's right now. If the other companies would have met my requirements, than I would have went with them.

Yes, it was the BDCP series of amps that I saw.
They went downhill when the covered up their last US built subs with plastic.

Ya are u sure it was a CP model and not just the bd? Cuz I seen a lot of birth sheets that stated other wise.
Yes, I'm sure is was the CP version. I had also seen other birthsheets stating rated power. I was just surprised at whoever was in charge of QC, would let this one get out of the factory, like this.

Check it out

Efficiency......A large amp will be more efficient at 4ohm. Example, the Ma Hk4000d is a power hog at 1ohm(modded) & rated 3200 @ 2 ohm, but at 4 ohm its way more efficient and rated for 1800 @ 4ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.