I need 1000+ watt amp suggetstions

Participant count
  • Participant list

allout13
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Georgia
Im looking to upgrade my amp, but I am on somewhat of a tight budget. I need suggestions for a solid amp that puts out 1000+ watts @ 1 ohm for around $250.

I have been looking at lanzar opti1400d, audioque 1200d, phoenix gold rsd1200.1, and hifonics bxi1606d. Im leaning strong towards the aq but I want suggestions from people w/ personal experience. Any suggestions/opinions?

Im looking to upgrade my amp, but I am on somewhat of a tight budget. I need suggestions for a solid amp that puts out 1000+ watts @ 1 ohm for around $250.I have been looking at lanzar opti1400d, audioque 1200d, phoenix gold rsd1200.1, and hifonics bxi1606d. Im leaning strong towards the aq but I want suggestions from people w/ personal experience. Any suggestions/opinions?
Personally I think you should take the time to save some more money up and get an amp that will perform well and last. Many amps claim to be 1ohm stable but finding one that can perform well at 1ohm for extended periods of time is hard to do with the budget you have. Don't get me wrong you'll be able to find an amp 1ohm stable but the quality will be terrible. Off the bat though I would go ahead and scratch the RSD and Hifonics. PG was great back in the day but now they have fallen off. I think it's between the Lanzar and Audioque.

Hope that helps:)

Personally I think you should take the time to save some more money up and get an amp that will perform well and last. Many amps claim to be 1ohm stable but finding one that can perform well at 1ohm for extended periods of time is hard to do with the budget you have. Don't get me wrong you'll be able to find an amp 1ohm stable but the quality will be terrible. Off the bat though I would go ahead and scratch the RSD and Hifonics. PG was great back in the day but now they have fallen off. I think it's between the Lanzar and Audioque.
Hope that helps:)
I understand. right now I have a poweracoustik amp that is one ohm stable and rated at 1200 watts at 1 ohm, but I want to upgrade to an amp that actually puts out rated power. since you think I should save more though, what do you suggest?

Though it is about $100 more than what you want to spend a rockford T1000.1db would be a nice one. I have one in my truck right now and it does 1456 @ 1 ohm and near 1000 @ 2 ohm. Have had it for about a year now with absolutely no problems out of it.....

I understand. right now I have a poweracoustik amp that is one ohm stable and rated at 1200 watts at 1 ohm, but I want to upgrade to an amp that actually puts out rated power. since you think I should save more though, what do you suggest?
the rockford i mentioned is rated at 1000 @ 1 ohm so it actually does more than rated power.....

I would try and get another $200. You could probably do it for less, but remember you get what you pay for. Your at a wierd spot in terms of power your running, as in depending on the amp you run, you may need to upgrade your electrical. Remember that just because you find great amp doesn't mean it's the right amp for you. Many amps that are 1ohm stable are power hungry and require lot's of juice.

Remember never to rush anything. I've made this mistake before, and I'm sure others have, only to regret it a week later.

Don't need a bigger budget... Go with the Opti or the Audioque... I would go for which ever is cheaper. The audioque is warrantied though if I remember correctly. Not sure on the Opti, but they are sexy amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.