I kinda got a free XFL 1244

danielbea122

CarAudio.com VIP
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
So I ordered two AB XFL 1244s because they come way faster than sundown on amazon.

Problem was they only sent one and it wasnt the design as pictured so I didnt want mismatch subs.

When I tried to return it they told me to keep it and refunded my money.

My question for you guys is does it matter if they dont look exactly alike as long theyre both dvc 4ohm?

Reactions: Dillpic71

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
May be coming from different suppliers, perhaps the other one will show up. I’m assuming you either got the one with the beefy hard surround or without. Are you talking about running that with the other style?

OP
danielbea122

danielbea122

CarAudio.com VIP
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
May be coming from different suppliers, perhaps the other one will show up. I’m assuming you either got the one with the beefy hard surround or without. Are you talking about running that with the other style?
yeah. ive seen 3 diff styles in the amazon review pics. one has red stitching one has white and one has a totally different surround.

im sure its fine but I thought I was going to get 2 of the cool notched surround.

BOOMINGRANDPA

WOLFRAM FTW
Jan 8, 2017
NC
if 1 is the old model and other has ribbed surround they will be different but won't kill u to use them sell the older model to someone later cheap and get another new model

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
AB uses inconsistent photographs and specs of their products. It's a combined effect from badge engineered products off the shelf from China and a lack of effort for decent product support on AB's end. Kind of a shame because AB equipment is hit or miss within its respective class.

No 2 subs spec out exactly the same when you measure tsp's. There's always a margin of tolerance and usually close enough to not cause serious issues with performance.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
It's never a good idea to run different revisions of subs, even different sizes. Different softparts, different baskets, different motors, etc. T/S parameters may/could have changed during their revision/rebadge process as Kush already said but this is just my strong opinion.

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
I had essentially the same thing happen with an ab xd off Amazon I ordered an HD $279 subwoofer for my brother and they sent a ******* xd so I online chatted with cs And they said keep it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds