I kinda got a free XFL 1244

danielbea122

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Tampa
So I ordered two AB XFL 1244s because they come way faster than sundown on amazon.

Problem was they only sent one and it wasnt the design as pictured so I didnt want mismatch subs.

When I tried to return it they told me to keep it and refunded my money.

My question for you guys is does it matter if they dont look exactly alike as long theyre both dvc 4ohm?

May be coming from different suppliers, perhaps the other one will show up. I’m assuming you either got the one with the beefy hard surround or without. Are you talking about running that with the other style?

May be coming from different suppliers, perhaps the other one will show up. I’m assuming you either got the one with the beefy hard surround or without. Are you talking about running that with the other style?

yeah. ive seen 3 diff styles in the amazon review pics. one has red stitching one has white and one has a totally different surround.

im sure its fine but I thought I was going to get 2 of the cool notched surround.

if 1 is the old model and other has ribbed surround they will be different but won't kill u to use them sell the older model to someone later cheap and get another new model

AB uses inconsistent photographs and specs of their products. It's a combined effect from badge engineered products off the shelf from China and a lack of effort for decent product support on AB's end. Kind of a shame because AB equipment is hit or miss within its respective class.

No 2 subs spec out exactly the same when you measure tsp's. There's always a margin of tolerance and usually close enough to not cause serious issues with performance.

It's never a good idea to run different revisions of subs, even different sizes. Different softparts, different baskets, different motors, etc. T/S parameters may/could have changed during their revision/rebadge process as Kush already said but this is just my strong opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

danielbea122

CarAudio.com Exclusive
danielbea122
Tampa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from